NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 86 Helper

Musio 1 at $299 (until the end of the year - then $399) is hands-down the best value composer/cinematic library package on the market at the moment imo. You get all of the CineSamples stuff (just with fewer mic positions, etc.) at a massive discount. And now with these NKS presets, you're not even sacrificing that much vs the Kontakt versions. Also, Musio itself is constantly getting better. Definitely worth checking out if you're into making that kind of music.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert
  • TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 30 Member

This is amazing - thank you! Here I was just last night adding an image and saving a preset for a generic "Musio" (i'm on Mac and haven't quite figured a good way to generate presets/previews etc but need to follow up on some posts I saw while out on vacation about others' processes). This is WAY more exciting.

• chpiatt

Remember to do something nice for someone today! I'm on a Mac too. I had to do some custom scripting for this. Kind of hacky but it worked!

• chpiatt

Ok, so I see what you were talking about. I just tried mapping some more presets and started getting some really weird behavior. For instance, if I switched to an arpeggiated preset and then opened a non-arpeggiated preset, the arpeggiator would stay on. Also, just sometimes the sounds wouldn't play correctly at all. I didn't experience any of these issues when running Twin 3 by itself - just when loaded inside of Komplete Kontrol. Weird. Probably not worth mapping until/if these issues are resolved by Fabfilter. It's a shame, because I really like a lot of the presets...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

Please report this to Fabfilter as they don't seem to be doing anything about it even though I have sent them videos

• Pops
    Pops Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, Everybody i'm new here, I would like to make some UVI library for now (specially Talkbox at the moment)

I would like to know how its work with UVI to make library and share.

I know how to make nks preset with "images" "dirtdatabse" even how to put preview, but i don't know how to script stuff like did "Freesoundlabs"

It could be nice if someone make or share ( if it exist already) a "txt" or "video" of how to make nks preset (the fatest way) like this people like me, could help the community to make a big place, where everybody could share nks preset with there preview, artwork, etc...

Thanks

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru

Unfortunately, unless you downgrade to KK 2.9.6, you can't add in that detail - it's been removed from KK3.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert

Basically it's the ones that don't need to ask the question that manage to figure it out (IE, it's not easy, there is no simple "1 way to make things simple" and takes some certain skills, patience and a lot of custom designed tools in my case to make them, it is far from easy, simple or fast and mostly due tot he major differences in how plugin browsers work!

I will be adding a lot more support for UVI products but have to update everything for Falcon 3 first and hope it allows me to do the same as I did before.

• Vagus

Plugin Boutique - WaveOSC

Now in the User Library via the link above.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023

First don't use KK 3 for this, this is why I still keep a copy of 2.9 on my system

As Jester says there is no simple way and it always requires a lot of work but the way I start is to create a template first - the template is your mapping of params in the plugin to KK knobs (8 per user page). Once you have a desired template save that as your master template (just using Komplete Kontrol file/save as). Then using the plugin loaded with that template as a starting point, go through the plugin presets one by one, and each one save as a NKS file. This is usually where some use scripting to aid this process as it is laborious, but I still do it this way. Once you have saved your files tag them using KK tagging - if you want to give them a bank name I use this now:

As to the database and image files - instructions for those are in the NKS User Library root folder (in my sig)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ptzo36xbwgbhszhk3vgkw/Creating-NKS-templates.txt?rlkey=xfh4qmwcrslr5lqzxn4va09pc&dl=0

• Vagus
    edited October 2023

I was going to recommend Largo 2 - but it's pretty unstable.... Back to this post later.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023

I’ve been working all morning on a NKS fix including previews and tagging - will post soon

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023

I have completed a 'fix' of sorts for the dreadful NKS implementation for Largo 2. It doesn't fix all the bugs of course, and there are still a couple of params that just won't map, but I have corrected the NKS assignments Waldorf messed up and also improved the layout. The original had all 4 layers mapped, even though no params were actually working or even pointing to the right param. For ease of use I have reduced it to 2 layers as it was crazy having so many user pages and most patches just use one layer, only a few even use 2. Also retagged everything and added previews (forgot to add I also improved the logo graphic which was awful)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p22n87z485vb7sf/Largo%202%20factory%20VST3%20NKS%20Fix.zip?dl=0

You could overwrite the factory patches with these, but I expect at some point Waldorf will release an update and it is likely to overwrite anything in the factory location so I recommend putting it in User for now. Hopefully eventually Waldorf will issue their own fixes.

btw they have also not created NKS patches for any of the add-on banks, might get around to doing some of those but it will depend on the ones I like best first.

This is VST3 only - the VST2 and VST3 NKS are not 100% compatible - they seem to have made the originals with the VST2, which is one reason why the NKS params were not working in the VST3, but even in the VST2 they were not working properly because clearly they had added new automation targets but 'forgot' that this had changed all the automation IDs so every single mapped param was pointing to the wrong target. Anyway as I made these with the VST3, and Waldorf have bodged migration as with everything else, these will not work properly with the VST2.

• Vagus

Great job on the fix- I'm amazed they released it in this state.