I keep getting a Download Failed message when I try to update to latest version of KONTAKT 6

DCNOISEMAKER
DCNOISEMAKER Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Native Access

I'm trying to Update Kontakt since updating to the dreaded Monterey 12.4. Garageband will not work with KONTAKT since the update. Can anyone help? Please!🙏

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@DCNOISEMAKER Did you find a way to make it work ? If not, have you checked this article ?

Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: "Unknown error"

If that's still not working, you should uninstall Kontakt like this and install it from scratch.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Seems like the OP has found a solution through support. Not sure what the root cause is, but bypassing Native Access and installing Kontakt using a download link from support helps with this issue.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

just try again later or another day normally it solves "itself". If you have a VPN then or something, try to disable it.

• DCNOISEMAKER
    DCNOISEMAKER Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi Uwe, I've been trying for the last week since updating to Monterey. Everything was fine until then! Did installs and reinstalls. Since Monterey install Kontakt no longer seems to recognize my Glyph Blackbox Plus 1TB SSD drive. Mac recognizes it fine, but KONTAKT player within Garageband or Logic won't open it. I can't get the latest version of KONTAKT which apparently will solve said issue.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Ahh ok then maybe an issue related to native access, have you tried to reinstall native access? Maybe download the latest version and manually install it, normally it auto updates itself, at least on windows, so i guess on mac too.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@DCNOISEMAKER Did you find a way to make it work ? If not, have you checked this article ?

Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: "Unknown error"

If that's still not working, you should uninstall Kontakt like this and install it from scratch.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Seems like the OP has found a solution through support. Not sure what the root cause is, but bypassing Native Access and installing Kontakt using a download link from support helps with this issue.