Battery not loaded as it may not support Apple silicon

MatFuz
MatFuz Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited 9:23AM in Komplete Kontrol

Hi There, can someone help me? I have just started getting these messages from some packages within either Komplete Kontrol or Maschine, I think from some of the expansions (it's not clear which when I try to load it). Obviously it's some of the drum kits. As far as I am aware I don't have Battery? I do have Komplete start, and Komplete 14 Select upgrade and a couple of bundles. Importantly, this has just started happening, and these kits were working perfectly 6+ months ago. I have checked the compatibility lists, and all my products seem up to date and should work with M1 chips…

Answers

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 218 Advisor

Battery is Apple Silicon Native and has been for a long time, now.

Everything moved over except Absynth 5 (discontinued) and Super 8 R2 (they went back to R1, the Reaktor Ensemble).

REAKTOR was the last thing to move over, and even that has been Native for quite a long time, at this point.

• MatFuz

Hmm, so I don't understand what's happening then. I have restarted everything and updated everything, including MacOS. But still some drum kits fail to load, and it always states that Battery is the issue!

• MatFuz

This is the issue. Anyone please help?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert
    edited July 11

This is a standard loading issue.

I checked that kit here - and it is a standard Battery Kit.

That said - Battery is not part of any of your Komplete bundles - so it's a bit odd that you say they were working 6 months ago.

Could you have heard "previews" 6 months ago and maybe that made you think they were working? Because without Battery - there is no way these kits can be actually loaded.

The best way to confirm this without question is to open Native Access and see if Battery is even listed.

It will either appear under the "Available" view (along with the Battery 4 Factory Library entry) with an Install button beside it OR under the Installed View with an Open button beside it.

If you cannot find Battery at all in NA - you do not have access to it.

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

Can you share the error messages with a screenshot?

Is this happening when you load old projects or on new projects?

If you're trying to open old projects made on an Intel Mac, you'll need to open your DAW in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

This discussion has been closed.