Macro Improvements / True Macros

Kai_NI
Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

As a user, I would like to be able to assign multiple different parameters to a single macro with the ability to define min. and max. boundaries in order to control external hardware and / or increase the amount of flexibility for macros used in Maschine.

43 votes

Collecting Upvotes · Last Updated

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,762 mod
    edited July 1

I personally misse that a lot especially with a transmission curve too, like I move the macro and first a parameter moves slowly, but I move more and then it moves faster, you can simply do this with an xy x is input (macro) y is the output to one parameter (like melda plugins)

• Antonio B
    Antonio B Member Posts: 99 Member

Look at the Combinator in Reason. They have made over the years a great build-your-own control/performance device. In the Combinator you can add buttons, knobs, multiple instruments and set up the parameters to be controlled with said knobs and buttons. And all very simple and easy to do. The Macro option is very cool but with just a few added features such as multiple parameters per Macro would make it exponentially better.Some workflow enhancements in macros would also make the experience more user friendly. Its relatively painless to set up macros but without going into detail, I think there could be a more intuitive and quicker way to add macros without bopping back and forth between modes/pages :)

• eyeyeyeye
    eyeyeyeye Member Posts: 11 Member

I’ve added a vote here, but only because this is the closest feature request to the one that I actually want: native MIDI Learn on M+ as described in this thread:

But alas, even this feature request has the lowest amount of votes so far, so my expectations are low. Thanks for all the work NI team!

(And please don’t break Reaktor working on M+, that’s importanttoo 😀)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,605 Expert

That would be an incredibly cool performance feature, especially on the M+.