Lock State Improvements

Kai_NI
Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

As a user, I would like to see the capabilities of Lock States improved, so that I am able to name, color, record, set and automate Lock State changes for specific Patterns and within the Arranger in order to create dynamic changes throughout my project's arrangement.

Please note: The recording of Lock States may to a degree be dependent or reliant on the topic of “True Parameter Automation” as well as “Modulation (Automation) Shape Helpers”.

48 votes

Collecting Upvotes · Last Updated

Comments

• Rammms
    Rammms Member Posts: 4 Member

automating lock state morphing would be so clutch

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru
    edited July 1

Being able to automate lock state changes would enable many workarounds to existing Maschine issues, especially for M+ standalone 👍 This is already possible to a degree by DIN MIDI loopback, but such a method is not ideal in more complex sampling/sequencing scenarios where the DIN MIDI ports are already required for other tasks

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 45 Advisor

"Lock States improved, so that I am able to name, color, record, set and automate Lock State changes for specific Patterns and within the Arranger in order to create dynamic changes throughout my project's arrangement"

YES!

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 184 Pro

I'm mainly interested in recording mutes and solos over time of a running arrangement (and later editing these possibly). If these "improved lock states" would solve this, I'd +1 this, as i think lock states are one of the most powerful, but also unknown, features of the Maschine platform.

• johnnylonz
    johnnylonz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I would like to be able to morph between lock states using the Control Strip to crossfade between states (similar to octatrack).

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 153 Advisor

Some form of Lock state editor could be handy. A way to see what is different in each lock state. I have no idea how to make it in an uncluttered clear way though. Just an idea.

• SBkillabeatz
    SBkillabeatz Member Posts: 32 Member

NI did once already with the Preset Morphing of Kore2 if you could bring that style of morphing to lock sates that would be awesome.