True Parameter Automation

Kai_NI
Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 60 mod

As a user, I would like to be able to automate any existing parameter in Maschine in order to create timeline based changes and transition in a way that most DAWs offer.

This includes fundamental project parameters such as:

• Tempo / BPM
  • FX and Instrument bypass 
  • Mute / Solo states on Group and Sound level 
  • Sound and Group Volume
  • Sound and Group Panning

56 votes

Collecting Upvotes · Last Updated

Comments

• growers
    growers Member Posts: 15 Member

I would love to see editable automation at a container level above the pattern, but unless I misunderstood, this is something that @Kai_NI pretty much ruled out in the
    "Maschine Ideas: Automation & Modulation" update, so I'm a bit confused why it's a voting option....

• growers
    growers Member Posts: 15 Member

Adding to the above, editable automation across a long pattern would work if that's what is being alluded to.

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 140 Pro

if this means being able to record mutes/solos etc into the timeline, then count me in 1000%

• Goldie B
    Goldie B Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 1

Does the above include the ability to automate a fade out on the master? That would be nice. And also to be able to draw volume up or down ramps or curves between far apart points in the timeline in the desktop software at least, and ideally on the hardware too, instead of jagged square lines/transitions. Hope I’m explaining what I mean well enough here, please rephrase for me if you know what I’m going for but may not be articulating well, lol.

I appreciate I can use a group as a fake master to fade out, but I still can’t draw a smooth ramp down, from what I’ve been able to find :)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru

This feature is paramount for me personally, as having it onboard Maschine could eventually enable my all time #1 feature request for Maschine — being able to realtime record this kind of automation data into the Arranger

• macchinista
    macchinista Member Posts: 45 Advisor

This would be pretty awesome

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 380 Guru

This kind of update worries me. How does it impact existing workflow?

I'd like to see an increase in the list of properties/parameters we can automate/modulate. The timeline stuff sounds like it would result in another "clips". Do. Not. Want.

• stulle
    stulle Member Posts: 6 Member

In regards to automation & modulation I'm personally missing a better display of modulation values on the hardware a lot. There's only the small circular display of the general modulated/unmodulated state of a pot.
    A colored outline around the pots that shows the current relative value, like in ableton and many plugins, would be a huge quick win imho.
    (Sorry for the off-topic, but I was really surprised this wasn't part of the voting list ;) )

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

darkwaves

The timeline stuff sounds like it would result in another "clips". Do. Not. Want.

What are your concerns? Hopefully, if the timeline can be properly editable by means of Bézier curves or such like then usability would be improved rather than not.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 184 Pro

Having a "global/meta" clip (or whatever we call this container) that runs along the entire arrangement, and can record and playback mutes, solos, mixer fader-movements, that would be a massive addition for Maschine.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 153 Advisor

Is this the right place to ask for bypass (the whole) group button. In combination with lock states it could be used to save cpu. That would help with building bigger live sets.