Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic

Felix Ce
Felix Ce Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Komplete General
Hello, I have a problem with Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic.
For a few days now it has only appeared as a library in Kontakt 7, but not in Kontakt 6 as was the case previously.
Cause ???  Thank you

Best Answers

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

the library got an update and now it's only compatible with kontakt 7. If you still need the older version for whatever reason you can download it here:

• TomSynsongs
    TomSynsongs Member Posts: 51 Member
    Answer ✓

How can anybody make such a decision at NI? The change means that all older songs where Kontakt 6.x was used with Picked Guitar etc. no longer load and play back. Kontakt comes up empty and even when replacing with K7, I have no idea which setting I was using.

Now the question is: What will the installation of the older versions (thanks for providing them) break on our systems? Not happy with the current state of things (after the installation debacle with my S61MK3).

• TomSynsongs

Most of the downloads are on private drives making it impossible to download due to traffic restrictions.

Why does NI not provide links?

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 334 Pro

Yes this debacle has continued to bite NI in the butt. Im curious. What do you mean, private drives? Are you referring to googledrive, which I find is an utter NIGHTMARE to deal with and Im wondering if you know something I dont!.

• TomSynsongs

I was referring to the fact that the Google Drive downloads seem to be "private spaces" because they are limited in the number of downloads and/or transfer volume. At least in the past, the business versions did not come with limitations, but I might be wrong.

Either way, this is a disaster because none of my older projects play back properly anymore and I am out of luck getting the downloads I need to work.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 334 Pro

@TomSynsongs

Well you might have a point about the business thing.

limited in the number of downloads and/or transfer volume.

Eeeex-actly. Whatever the deal is with googledrive its unacceptable and was the cause of one of the most infuriating exercises I've ever known online. Last time I tried to deal with it I was months literally backing and forthing with support trying to get a link to work for the same miserable reason as others. And people continue to pop up MONTHS after this ridiculous ordeal.

Since then Ive NEVER had one successful download off googledrive. BTW, have you heard anything about having to log in to get a successful download?

• Felix Ce
    Hello, I have followed the steps and installed the previous library and it still does not work.

Totally agree, they do what they want. They don't think about the work that this entails.

• TomSynsongs

Is nobody from Native Instruments commenting on this issue?

I am basically left with no working access to a large number of songs which have K6 inserted and do no longer load.

Instead of loading the instruments, I get weird error messages with "Search…" options - which do of course not resolve anything. I cannot download from Google drive and there is no way to continue working on these songs without manually going through all the tracks and replace K6 with K7 - of course in most cases not knowing which instruments and settings were used because they are usually stored within the song.

Can we PLEASE be informed how this is supposed to being resolved?

• Felix Ce
    They are not going to solve anything. The technical service asks me for a video recorded with my cell phone, because they still don't know what the problem is.
    It seems like they take Kontakt users for fools.

• TomSynsongs
    edited July 3

Dear all,

after a lot of research and issues with trying to download older libraries, I have stumbled across this document, which is well hidden but worth looking at:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/12972701353757-Notes-about-Auto-Migration-of-Kontakt-Versions-in-DAW-Projects

NI have implemented an auto migration feature from previous Kontakt versions (e.g. K6) to Kontakt 7 for Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo.

This looks as if it is the solution to our problem here, at least when you are using one of the mentioned DAWs.

My older songs did not load properly, because they were still referencing Kontakt 6, which was installed alongside Kontakt 7. Now, after deleting Kontakt 6 with only Kontakt 7 remaining, it looks as if the auto migration works: These songs now load Kontakt 7 with the newer libraries in place of previous Kontakt 6 with the older library counterparts.

I have not yet done a really deep check, but it seems to do the trick!

My only minor issue is that despite removing all the K6 file from my drive, NI Access still thinks that K6 needs to be repaired and shows an update prompt. But I can well live with this.

Maybe this is of help for some of you? I have asked NI to disclose this by mail or other means, because in my opinion, all users should be made aware of this auto migration feature.

Kind regards

Tom

This discussion has been closed.