Maschine Mk3 [as plug in] crashing Logic Pro 11. Unusable. Please help. Thank you.

TheRealJonSmith
TheRealJonSmith Member Posts: 2 Member
edited 1:51PM in Maschine

Updated all possible that I know of. It seems to happen when I touch a pad after a few minutes of use. Otherwise, my pro rig is bullet proof. Almost ended a first time writing session yesterday with a known artist in with me from another country. Can you imagine?

I'm looking for other options unfortunately.

Thanks for any help NI.

Jonathan

Comments

• basso rubner
    basso rubner Member Posts: 9 Member

Same here ! It's getting worse and worse. The crashes are happening at increasingly shorter intervals. Unfortunately, I will have to stop working with the machine. It's a shame - but it's unusable like this.

• apsande
    apsande Member Posts: 11 Member

I had this today and had a play around. It seems to be to do with the au plugin as it can be repeated with logic 11, luna, Ableton and Studio One, all using the au plugin. Using the vst3 on those DAWs that support it, doesn't reproduce the problem.

I found a work around for logic or any DAW where you use the au plugin. If you keep the Maschine plugin window while playing the MK3 controller Maschine doesn't crash. If you play and record with the window closed then Maschine will crash and usually crash the DAW as well.

To repeat plugin Maschine MK3, open Logic Pro. Load a track with Maschine. Open plugin, load a kit and press record in Maschine. Close the plugin window. Click record in logic and start playing the MK3..

Work around keep the Maschine plugin window while playing and recording.

I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 Pro and using the latest version of Sonoma. @Matthew_NI is this a known issue and any chance of a fix.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

It isn't yet, but I'll check with the team.

• kipper
    kipper Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm having this issue too. Been using maschine for years with no problem, and now it keeps crashing my sessions when I hit a pad after a minute or so. I did notice that If I kept the window open it would give me more time before it crashes, but it is unusable as of right now. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but is there a way to only use the vst3 version of the plugin? would that bypass these issues? Any help is appreciated. I've got some deadlines I'm tryna hit and I'm spending most of my time just reopening my sessions after i bump a pad.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru

Are all of you using MacOS Sodoma?

• Bynoe
    Bynoe Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Exactly the same thing happening to me. I have another MacBook which I didnt update to the latest version of Maschine and no problem at all. As soon as I updated the crashing started. It's definitely a problem with the latest version of the AU version of Maschine. A complete showstopper in Logic.

• Djanta
    Djanta Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same problem here, on OSX Ventura. I hope there will be a fix soon, because maschine au plugin has been in my Logic template project for years and I never had any problem with it. This situation is very frustrating.

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 133 Helper
    edited June 25

same here, I opened a discussion as well, but nobody really engaged with it, so I came here to push the agenda ahah

it is unusable! we need a fix ASAP!

• Alongkot W.
    Alongkot W. Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Same problem here. both Logic Pro 11 and Ableton Live 12.

need a fix ASAP.

• pablomateo
    pablomateo Member Posts: 9 Member

i will make a test with cubase 13 later this day, but wouldn't surprised if same issue is happening there too.

would be really interesting in which circumstances native instruments is testing their software before releasing them. crashing two well known / major daw´s is wild ..

• Tony_UK
    Tony_UK Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm here as I'm having the same issue. Maschine AU keeps crashing Logic Pro X 🙄

• Bruno_NI
    Bruno_NI Product Team Posts: 14 mod

Hi everyone,

this issue is fixed in the 2.18.3 hotfix.

Thanks you all !

This discussion has been closed.