How can I get my files to play?

JimmyHalls
JimmyHalls Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I got some files sent to me as .amr files(small files ranging from 5 sec to 17 sec long). I have converted them to mp3 files but, those files would not play in traktor pro 3. It gives me the "files are missing, corrupted, or unsupported" error. I tried running them through MP3 Scan+Repair to fix corruption. I even loaded them up into Audacity and combined them all into a single audio file. Then exported as a .wav and it still gives the same error. These files play fine on every media player I tried but, they will not play in traktor pro 3. Any advice? I really want to add these to my sets.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,633 Expert
    edited May 24 Answer ✓

I had to read up on what AMR files are….

Wikipedia tells me they're for encoding speech, have an 8kHz sampling frequency, audio bandwidth of 200Hz - 3.4kHz and a max bit rate of 12.2kHz. Probably mono too.

So unless you converted the files to 16 bit 44k1 stereo or similar, it's no surprise that Traktor rejects them

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,633 Expert
    edited May 24 Answer ✓

I had to read up on what AMR files are….

Wikipedia tells me they're for encoding speech, have an 8kHz sampling frequency, audio bandwidth of 200Hz - 3.4kHz and a max bit rate of 12.2kHz. Probably mono too.

So unless you converted the files to 16 bit 44k1 stereo or similar, it's no surprise that Traktor rejects them

This discussion has been closed.