Traktor S8 Main Volume Not Working

Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 148 Advisor
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

My friend just picked up an S8 but the main volume won't work… I tried remapping it but still nothing…

I heard there are a lot of m bugs because it's not supported with the software updates… is this correct…?

Was this a bad purchase?

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,541 mod
    Answer ✓

The S8 main volume knob only changes the volume of the s8 audio interface (hardware) and has nothing to do with the software knob. You can't remap it at all.

To hear something out of the S8 outputs, you have to have the hardware volume up and the software has to have positive main volume and channel volume output.

• Sacco Naz
    Answer ✓

I guess you're right… I don't have experience with NI controllers… I use K2's…

I just assumed this was the case…

Hey thanks for the clarification!!!!

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

Are the speakers connected to the s8 or to another sound interface?

• Sacco Naz

yes she has speakers connected… from the S8… it won't even midi map which is really strange

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

The S8 main volume knob only changes the volume of the s8 audio interface (hardware) and has nothing to do with the software knob. You can't remap it at all.

To hear something out of the S8 outputs, you have to have the hardware volume up and the software has to have positive main volume and channel volume output.

• Sacco Naz

Interesting… how do you adjust the Main Volume then?

• Sûlherokhh

Traktor GUI, or map it to a mappable knob. Or just leave it at +/- 0dB or some other fixed value.

• Sacco Naz

But I mean… every other controller I've used… "Main" volume on the hardware corresponds to the "Main" volume in the software…right?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited May 23

I don't know which controllers you have used so far, but the ones from NI with an audio interface (that i have used, so all s4 series and s2mk1 & mk2, S5) have a Main Volume knob for the audio interface that does not connect to the software.

Apart from the S8, which controllers with an audio interface have you tested this on?

• Sacco Naz
    Answer ✓

I guess you're right… I don't have experience with NI controllers… I use K2's…

I just assumed this was the case…

Hey thanks for the clarification!!!!

• Sûlherokhh

Yes, the K2 has a fixed output volume. My pleasure. :)

This discussion has been closed.