8Dio Modern Scoring bundle

Gaspard
Gaspard Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited 10:53AM in Tech Talks

I use Mac OS 10.15.7 and the last supported Native Access version is

Version 3.5.2 (d402a02 / 1.13.1.3)

I am interested to buy perhaps the 8Dio Modern Scoring bundle.

Is it possible for me to work with 8Dio Modern Scoring bundle or not with my system?

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited May 22 Answer ✓

Immediately I would advice against it but I couldn't tell you what is required because the specifications are ambiguous. At the general specifications it says : "a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (or higher), and macOS 10.15-12 or Windows 10 (or higher) are required to download and activate this product." , while at the same time it does not specify the Kontakt Player version needed but rather links to version 7 which says : "Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)"

So I couldn't tell how it is, I mean it might run on your system and an old Kontakt Player , but I would say maybe not and you have to ask N.I. Purchase Support to get an answer.

Free KONTAKT PLAYER (free Download on the NI website!) or KONTAKT.

Please also see the KONTAKT PLAYER system requirements.

Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)

Apple Silicon Macs (via Rosetta 2 & natively on ARM in Standalone or in hosts that support it): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)

An internet connection, a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (or higher), and macOS 10.15-12 or Windows 10 (or higher) are required to download and activate this product. Please see the Native Access system requirements.

Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited May 22 Answer ✓

Immediately I would advice against it but I couldn't tell you what is required because the specifications are ambiguous. At the general specifications it says : "a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (or higher), and macOS 10.15-12 or Windows 10 (or higher) are required to download and activate this product." , while at the same time it does not specify the Kontakt Player version needed but rather links to version 7 which says : "Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)"

So I couldn't tell how it is, I mean it might run on your system and an old Kontakt Player , but I would say maybe not and you have to ask N.I. Purchase Support to get an answer.

Free KONTAKT PLAYER (free Download on the NI website!) or KONTAKT.

Please also see the KONTAKT PLAYER system requirements.

Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)

Apple Silicon Macs (via Rosetta 2 & natively on ARM in Standalone or in hosts that support it): macOS 12, 13 or 14 (latest update)

An internet connection, a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 (or higher), and macOS 10.15-12 or Windows 10 (or higher) are required to download and activate this product. Please see the Native Access system requirements.

Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.

• Cherie
    Cherie Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I've just been chatting to support. He said if I buy it and it doesn't work, I can get a refund, if I contact support within 14 days of purchase, so I'll go ahead and buy the scoring bundle. 😀

• Gaspard
    Gaspard Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Thanks for the 2 answers! I think it’s better for me not to buy the software in the moment.

This discussion has been closed.