Can I use the 8Dio Modern Scoring Bundle on my MK3?

Options
Ethereal Fire
Ethereal Fire Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

I don't have a MIDI-keyboard, so I'm only going to buy the bundle if I can use it on my MK3 without having to do all sorts of sneaky technical tricks to get it to work.

Does anyone know?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 535 Pro
    edited May 10
    Options

As far as I can tell 8DIO libraries have always been fully compatible with NI and I have a TON of them. The only difference is I have to import them as they aren't licensed NKS libraries so I have most of them as quick load libraries, or I just drag and drop them onto a Kontakt or KK track in my DAW. Since I'm not a Machine user I don't know how or if that translates to using them in Maschine, but given that these were made to be NKS compliant by NI I can't imagine you'd have any problems. They're all generally pretty large though because of the meticulous sampling 8Dio is known for if that might be an issue.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,948 mod
    edited May 10
    Options

An Mk3 is just a controller, you can use virtually any plugin/instrument with Maschine Software… If you have an Mk3, Studio, Mikro, Mk2 doesn't matter.

Han? NI is promoting a 8DIO bundle right now and it looks like it's fully NKS compatible:

• Ethereal Fire
    Options

Yeah, I know about the promotion, D-One, that's why I'm considering buying the bundle. But I'm a newbie, so I'm only going to buy it if it's a plug-and-play sort of thing. Today I was trying to get a third pary Reaktor ensemble to work on my mk3 and couldn't. I also tried to get a third party Kontakt-instrument to work and couldn't, despite spending hours on it. So I'm just trying to avoid spending 199 euros putting myself in the same situation again.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,948 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It should, NKS is mentioned on the very product page, this is not just 3rd party it's an "NKS partner".

NI does not promote non-NKS partners on their own website, it wouldn't make sense. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/8dio-offer-2024/ If i bought that and it wasn't tNKS compatible I'd just ask for a refund/return.

NKS (for Maschine) means the presets will show in the browser, with propper tags and pre-prepared mappings for the 8 knobs.

If you own the full version of Reaktor/Kontakt there's no reason 3rd part stuff won't work, but it won't show up in the browser and have the tags, you would need to manually add it, if you're confused on how do do it open a help thread for that specific topic.

• Ethereal Fire
    Options

Okay, sounds good. But to be honest I don't know if I have the full versions of Kontakt/Reaktor, haha. I checked the "my products" page here on Natives website and it looks like maybe I have the Kontakt thing but not the Reaktor thing. But if I don't, then it's propably going to be 149 euros on top of the 199.... Sooo... That's probably not going to happen

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 271 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

From the promo video I watched last night, they are demo'ing examples from all the included libraries, and doing so on a Komplete MK3 keyboard, so that implies all good to go :) They all look to use Kontakt.

• Ethereal Fire
    Options

Thanks to all of you!

After further investigation I've discovered that the 8Dio should work just fine with the Free Kontakt Player available on Native's website. So I'll probably get the 8Dio. I just need to buy another harddisk first, I guess :P

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,360 mod
    Options

But if I don't, then it's propably going to be 149 euros on top of the 199.... Sooo... That's probably not going to happen

The (for me indisputable) best way of getting you collection of N.I. apps are by buying/updating/upgrading/cross-grading to Komplete 14 Standard.

For best compare of prices and bundle content then please visit the Bundle compare page where you can always see the present prices for Bundles and Updates and Upgrades. If not already conscious about it, then take notice of the difference between the updates and the upgrades. You can see the difference at the compare prices at the compare page But update is from same product tier to same tier of newer version and upgrade is from a lower product tier to a higher product tier of same or newer generation.

Also, when logged in , then you can always see price for relevant upgrade offers for registered products on the My Komplete Offers page

Please always check product system requirements prior to any purchase or upgrading.

• Ethereal Fire
    Options

Great advice, PoorFellow, thank you! I might end up buying the Komplete 14 standard bundle. Any chance you know whether or not it's okay to have some libraries on one harddrive and other libraries on another?

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Only those 8Dio libraries that are available on NI web site are fully NKS and Kontakt Player compatible—those on 8Dio web site are not.

Most probably NI licensed these 8Dio libraries, and did the full NKS and Player treatment on them. Support for these libraries on NI web site are handled directly by NI themselves.

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options