Logic Pro vs S88mk3 The saga continues…

nvmusic
nvmusic Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Native Access

Just opened Native Access and updated Kontakt, happy in the knowledge that a FIX has been found for Logic Pro crashing when loading presets in Kontakt 7, using a S88mk 3 !! Well done Apple & NI :-) Except nothing has changed, it still crashes :-(

Comments

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 666 Guru

it’s not that bug that has been fixed. This bug still needs work from Apple. Supposedly Sonoma beta 14.5 fixes the bug that you are still experiencing.

• nvmusic

Thanks Maciej I'll check out the beta

• nvmusic

Still quits even with the beta :-(

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 666 Guru
    edited May 9

That’s bad news. I hope Apple will fix whatever needs fixing soon. Logic Pro 11 (free update) is coming out on 13th of May, might be fixed then, we shall see.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

happy in the knowledge that a FIX has been found

I don't believe this was confirmed anywhere

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    edited May 9

Quote nvmusic profile : "M1 Max"

Quote Jeremy_NI : Crashes (Kernel Panics) when using Kontakt on M2 / M3 Macs :

Customers who use Kontakt 7 on Apple computers with M2 or M3 processors may experience intermittent crashes. These have primarily been observed when attempting to load Kontakt 7 as a plug-in inside of GarageBand, but may also occur in other hosts, or when running Kontakt 7 as a standalone application.

We are currently working on a fix to the issue, and have an experimental build of Kontakt available. Please note that this update is in the process of being verified, and may introduce other unforeseen issues. If you’d like access to this experimental update, please get in touch with our Customer Care team here: . We will also publish this experimental fix to our beta community tomorrow.

For those who wish to continue using the released version of Kontakt, the following workarounds may reduce the frequency of crashes:

• Avoid using an external monitor if using a MacBook
    • Try an alternate connection (e.g. displayport / thunderbolt if using HDMI, or vice versa)
    • Adjust resolution or frame rate of external monitor
    • Use a different external monitor

Additionally, early testing indicates that the crashes are less likely to occur on macOS 14.5, which is currently in public beta. However, no timeframe for this macOS update is currently available.

https://bit.ly/NI_support_kontakt

• Project10
    Project10 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi

I recently ‘upgraded’ my studio to include an S88 mk3 and an M3 mbp (Sonoma 14.5) Logic Pro (10.8.1) and have the same issue.

After many hours getting Komplete Kontrol to work (mostly) when I use Kontakt 7 with multiple NI libraries it often crashes Logic when I change either a patch or library. Also, many presets are missing. I have noticed however that a 3rd party plug-in on an external SSD, loaded alone, is stable-ish. I’ve stopped buying plug-ins that require Kontakt.

• nvmusic

Thanks for your reply Project 10. I tried the Kontrol solution also. It sort of worked, but clumsily, particularly when browsing files not native to Kontakt, or when using heavy automation in a session. After all my efforts I ended up simply selling my S88mkIII. I couldn't wait for Aplle/NI to get it to work properly, and I use Kontakt so much for work that it had become a real handicap. Sucks 😜

This discussion has been closed.