MIDI mapping challenge: is there a way to map single notes for keylock with Traktor?

Options
Bronxio
Bronxio Member Posts: 16 Member

Hi, I would like to map a generic MIDI keyboard with the chromatic scale (key = -12 … key = -2, key = -1, key = 0, key = 1, key = 2 … key = 12) with Traktor. However, I see only a control knob in the GUI (with "+" and "-" jumping two semitones each time), and "key adjust" as a control to map.

May be this possible, or just a dream?

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,731 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Type = Button

Mode = Direct

Value = .333 (value bit is different for each button in this setup)

Answers

• Stevan
    Options

0.083 is one semitone range.

• Bronxio
    edited May 7
    Options

Thanks, Stevan! But my problem is that I don't know how to give a specific value for each button with the key adjust command. Could you tell me if it's already explained how to do that somewhere? Because I know how to imitate the GUI knob, but just that

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,838 mod
    Options

Assign the command to a button. Set the type to 'direct'. Enter value (value range is from -1 to +1).

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Type = Button

Mode = Direct

Value = .333 (value bit is different for each button in this setup)

• Stevan
    Options

You can also check DJ Rafik on Youtube and his Maschine mapping if you have that controller. There is a free download in his video description.

• Bronxio
    edited May 9
    Options

Ok, direct button with values between -1 and 1. I forgot about the "set to value" field. Tested and worked, thanks to both! 🙏