How can I control Maschine (standalone) i.e. Transport-Control with a Midi-controller

Options
StefanS59
StefanS59 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi there,

I would like to control as many functions (at least the transport control) as possible in Maschine 2.18 standalone with my Arturia KeyLab MK II keyboard.

Does Maschine support Mackie or HUI or any other standard protocol?

Do I have to create a mapping for the Midi-commands? If so, where do I find a documentation?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry but… No, no and… no. I said this in another thread but just in case people reach this post via search:

Maschine's dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable for the most part, this includes all of the Transport section, it also does not support receiving any control protocols such as Mackie or HUI (while ironically it can act as a Mackie device to control DAW's but not to actually be controlled)

Answers

• D-One
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry but… No, no and… no. I said this in another thread but just in case people reach this post via search:

Maschine's dedicated functions are not MIDI mappable for the most part, this includes all of the Transport section, it also does not support receiving any control protocols such as Mackie or HUI (while ironically it can act as a Mackie device to control DAW's but not to actually be controlled)

• StefanS59
    Options

Thank you for your detailed explanations!

Maybe NI would like to consider this as a feature request for upcoming updates?

Is there a place where I can post it, or will it be enough to be here in this place?

• D-One
    edited May 10
    Options

You can make a thread and tag it as a Feature Request, just bare in mind what you're asking has been requested a million times before by other users over the years… :S

You can also get in touch with support and get an answer like "We forwarded this to the team, thanks for your feedback".

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 451 Guru
    Options

The only keyboard controller which can act as you described with Maschine software is Komplete Kontrol Mk2 (not the recent Mk3). There is Maschine integration layer for Mk2 controllers which works great.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 668 Pro
    edited May 10
    Options

there are work arounds to achieve what NI's maschine software doesnt support…

Bomes midi translator pro… can provide the tools to create a workaround method..

Bomes translates a regular midi messages and converts it into a mouse-movements & mouse clicks to be automated… there is a learning curve to getting things to work with Bomes, but as i say… its a workaround

you can of course wait around for NI, to implement things lol

• StefanS59
    Options

Thank you!

This sounds too much an effort for me. I will continure using the buttons of the Maschine itself. 🤷‍♂️