Z1 MK3 Mixer for DVS (Traktor Scratch) ?

Options
Sedn
Sedn Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Is it possible using the Z1 only with DVS ?

• 1 Laptop
  • 2 Turntable (Timecode-Vinyl)
  • 1 (4-Channel)-Audio-Interface
  • Z1 MK3

Turntable plays Timecode-Signal, goes into Audio-Interface, Traktor-Software for decoding, Z1 MK3 for Mixing (Effects etc.), Audio-Interface-Channels for Speaker and Headphone (CUE).

No need for an Analog-Mixer, Turntable-Feeling

Z1 MK3 and Audio-Interface for mobile minimal Setups.

Of course this makes only sense for electronic Music (Rotary Mixing of the Z1) and the Turntable only for DVS-Signal.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 48 Helper
    Options

Haven't tried it myself but should work, if your audio interface has 4 input channels and 4 output channels (mono channels) and has phono preamps for the input channels. Setup Traktor Pro for internal mixing with your interface. Your Z1 is used as controller only and Z1s outputs are unused then. Even real vinyl should work with this setup if you set your track deck to "Live Input".

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,465 Expert
    Options

Sure. Should work. Keep in mind the audio interface needs phono in. Or the turntables need line out.

Of course this makes only sense for electronic Music (Rotary Mixing of the Z1) and the Turntable only for DVS-Signal.

What? I don't understand.

If you use live input and send the signal through Traktor that should also work with any kind of LP.

• maniacintosh81
    Options

As I was curious if it really works: Pulled out my Z1 and can now confirm it works flawless. Only controls for main and cue levels aren't working as they seem to be physical level controls for Z1s own outputs and don't transmit control signals/MIDI to Traktor.

• Sedn
    Options

X1 MK3

sorry

• maniacintosh81
    Options

Should work with a X1 Mk3 the same way.

• Sedn
    Options

Thanks for the answers.

The X1 without audio interface (Z1 with Headphone and RCA-Out) so i think it must be possible for full control of the mixer section in traktor with the X1.