Sell hardware with multiple licenses

Options
Fredooo
Fredooo Member Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2 in Social Club

Good morning,

I first bought a Komplet kontrol S25 mk2 with Komplet select 12.

Then I bought a komplet kontrol S88 mk2 with komplet select 13 which I then upgraded to komplet select 13 upgrade.

Can I resell the Komplet Kontrol S88 with Komplet select 13 and keep the Komplet 13 upgrade?

So I have several license numbers and I don't know how it really works for resale.

How are the licenses distributed for these various materials?

What does this license number with HW mean?

Thank you. Sincerely.

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,308 mod
    edited May 4 Answer βœ“
    Options

There should be no problem at all. You can sell either keyboard or both keyboards and your path to your upgrades ought to be safe. When coming bundled per standard with a keyboard then Komplete Select is considered so called 'base software' meaning that you keep the base software when you sell the keyboard and buyer receives the same base software as well. So you can not transfer a Komplete Select that came with a keyboard as 'base software' but you keep it and keyboard buyer gets it also. For a Komplete Select to be 'transferable' then you would have had to have bought it as software.

Quote Matt_NI : All you need to know about License Transfer : You can read general information about buying / selling Native Instruments Product second-hand on our page here: Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand

Selling a hardware / software bundle (like a TRAKTOR KONTROL S3, MASCHINE MK3 or KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard) is as easy as selling a single software product. You can unregister the hardware in your user account and will receive a License Transfer ID that you can pass to the new buyer. After the buyer has imported the License Transfer ID to their own account, they will receive the same software bundle as you, the original owner.

In short, this means that the seller keeps the software that came with the hardware - and the new owner receives it as well. This way, all potential upgrade paths, that are based on that software, stay intact.

🚨
    Please note that there are a few exceptions with older products. For these products, the software license shows a tag that the license has to be transferred to the new user by our Account Support team

Answers

• Fredooo
    Options

Sorry, I found it by searching a bit.

On the other hand, I bought the s25 with komplet select 12. then the s88 with komplet select 13 and then upgrade so I see that I cannot sell the 25 with its license on one side and the s88 with its license on the other. Why ? Thanks

• PoorFellow
    edited May 4 Answer βœ“
    Options

There should be no problem at all. You can sell either keyboard or both keyboards and your path to your upgrades ought to be safe. When coming bundled per standard with a keyboard then Komplete Select is considered so called 'base software' meaning that you keep the base software when you sell the keyboard and buyer receives the same base software as well. So you can not transfer a Komplete Select that came with a keyboard as 'base software' but you keep it and keyboard buyer gets it also. For a Komplete Select to be 'transferable' then you would have had to have bought it as software.

Quote Matt_NI : All you need to know about License Transfer : You can read general information about buying / selling Native Instruments Product second-hand on our page here: Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand

Selling a hardware / software bundle (like a TRAKTOR KONTROL S3, MASCHINE MK3 or KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard) is as easy as selling a single software product. You can unregister the hardware in your user account and will receive a License Transfer ID that you can pass to the new buyer. After the buyer has imported the License Transfer ID to their own account, they will receive the same software bundle as you, the original owner.

In short, this means that the seller keeps the software that came with the hardware - and the new owner receives it as well. This way, all potential upgrade paths, that are based on that software, stay intact.

🚨
    Please note that there are a few exceptions with older products. For these products, the software license shows a tag that the license has to be transferred to the new user by our Account Support team

• Fredooo
    Options

Sorry,

It's difficult to understand.

I will study.

Thanks

• PoorFellow
    edited May 7
    Options

Sorry if you feel overwhelmed by the amount of information.

The short is that as long as you are only selling the hardware and only transferring the hardware serial (Ref. : this license number with HW) then you need not care about the software licenses, because you keep all the software that came with the keyboard and what else software that you bought. And buyer automatically get a copy the base software (Komplete Select 12/13 for S-Series) that comes with the keyboard per standard and which is not transferable.

• Fredooo
    Options

Thanks, So I only transfer the license number with "HW" when reselling, and so this is the basic software that comes with the S88 or S25 series keyboards.

And I keep the other license that I upgraded. If I want to sell the "upgrade" license (komplet select 13 upgrade), I can do it "separately" ?

Thanks

• PoorFellow
    Options

So I only transfer the license number with "HW" when reselling

Yes , selling the hardware and transferring the "HW" hardware serial should give the buyer their own copy of Komplete Select for S-Series (which software in turn is linked to their account as non-transferable) while you also retain your own copies of the Komplete Select 12/13 for S-Series.

If I want to sell the "upgrade" license (komplet select 13 upgrade), I can do it "separately" ?

Yes, provided that buyer have the needed qualifying software for the upgrade(s) . What is qualifying software entirely depends on the upgrade or update itself. But think of your software collection as a house or a skyscraper with more floors where you can not remove the lower floors without first removing what is above, so you have to start with the top or alternatively sell the whole stack of upgrades in one go , in which case what the buyer needs is the qualifying Komplete Select that they can either buy by itself as a software bundle (in which case it is transferable) or get it with a keyboard in which case the Komplete Select is non-transferable.