Traktor Kontrol X1 MK3 problem whit some button

Options
guagab
guagab Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello

I am new, I have been given for present a new x1 mk3.

I have an M-AUDIO FAST TRACK PRO sound card.

Everything seems to work perfectly, only sometimes the program f**k up.

Especially when I use the volumes. Only by insisting and pushing hard over and over again, raising and lowering, does the button start working again.

I don't know if it's a setting problem or a laptop memory problem.

I can't play like this Help

GUA

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

This could be just a matter of latency. What is the buffer size of your audio device and did you try setting 512 samples and more?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

You are not talking about the case where you moved a pod in FX mode and then switch back to mixer mode and the pod is in another position?

• guagab
    Options

Yes, I think it's a problem like that too, but I didn't understand what I should change, could you be more precise?

• guagab
    Options

No, I'm talking about the 4 button counting from the top. Sometimes it gets stuck and I can't mix anymore because genius of geniuses this mixer doesn't have the volume paddles but a wheel, apart from that I find it absurd, anyway no crossfader I understand that, but if I can't use the volumes I mix two songs anyway.

If I don't solve the problem I'll sell this gift I didn't want and go back to something functional.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Options

Check your Preferences and Audio Device setting. You can see that my buffer is 256 samples. By increasing this value your are giving the CPU more time to process audio and midi.

• guagab
    Options

😍 wow thanks a lot,

As soon as I have time I will try and write to you. You have been very kind. thank you very much.
    GUAGAB

• lord-carlos
    Options

Yes, those are called potentiometers, or short: pots.

Do you switch between the mixer view and the FX view? Because if you change those in the fx view, they don't match any more with the position in the mixer view. And thus you would have to turn them all the way back to where they where before.

I like my x1, but I would never use it as a mixer.

• guagab
    Options

Excuse my ignorance but what are you saying?
    if i have an effect or volume or a cut off on a high, i have to reposition it before going from effect to mixer?
    BUT if you put it like that I don't mix anymore.
    The whole point of mixing is to be able to, as the word says, mix the various high-mid-low channels with the various effects between songs. If I have to return the button to the starting position then I don't mix, I don't know if I've explained myself, but I think that's the basis

• guagab
    Options

Thank you very much, in truth it helped a lot, but now the problem is on the volume button of the effects that does not respond very well to the command, actually as saylor moon says by making a switch between mix and effect the buttons do not have the same position and maybe they bug, but I can not think of repositioning an effect that I need or a volume etc etc. If it's a problem I can't solve I'll sell the mixer, I need to be able to operate it as freely as I did with my other less powerful but working mixers.

• lord-carlos
    Options

Let me ask you in a different way, when you just stay in mixing mode and don't touch the effects: do you have any problems with volume/EQ pots not working?