Why can't I log into my Native Access account?

Options
Fr. Thomas
Fr. Thomas Member Posts: 9 Member

Several times I tried to access my account, but Native Access doesn't allow me. It tells again and again try again! It has been frustrating.

Did what is required to do like deleting NA app, and the NTK folder, restarted the laptop, downloaded the app again, but still the same problem. Contacting Support is difficult too because I somehow fail to see any phone number, or direct contact information. Need help.

Thank you,

Tom

Best Answer

• Fr. Thomas
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Jeremy, Finally it seems to be working. Soon after I wrote to you, I checked my mail and there was a response from the Support. I tried what was suggested, and I have a feeling, that it is finally working.

Thanks a lot.

Fr. Thomas

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,278 mod
    Options

What error do you get from Native Access? Is it an "invalid username/password" error or something else?

There's no direct contact information for support - you need to go through the support page here - Native Access – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com) You'll need to log in to access the support system. Once you've done that you'll be sent to a chat bot that tries to help. If that's not successful you'll be connected to a real human person.

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Thanks Mykejb,

yes, I am new. Thinking something could be wrong with my password I reset it already. But it simply says, checking authentication for some time and then says unable to open, try to login again. I try and try and try with the same road block.

Yesterday Native Access was upgraded to a new version, and it’s after that the problem began.

Thanks, and know for sure, I am new, I would definitely appreciate the help.

Tom

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,309 mod
    Options

Did you give full disk access to ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon ?

1) Quote Jeremy_NI : please check these articles:

Native Access Error: "Please grant permission to NTK Daemon to install dependencies"

Native Access Freezes on “Installing Dependencies“ at Startup

2) Quote Jeremy_NI :

can you check the following?

1. Open your Mac's System Preferences and click Security & Privacy.
    2. Under the Privacy tab, choose Full Disk Access from the side bar.
    3. Click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window and enter your Mac password.
    4. Ensure that Native Access appears in the list.
    5. If it does not appear in this list, click the + icon and add the following apps:
    6. Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access
    7. Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon
    8. Once completed, click the lock icon again

3) Quote Jeremy_NI :

Also make sure that the NTKDaemon is in the login items in your system preferences, under Users & Groups: (Ventura has "Login Items" under "General".)

If it's not there, unlock and add it, you can find it here:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon

Otherwise the please contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support !

There has just been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Hi Poor Fellow,

Thanks for your help. I have tried all that. Went through the entire process again and again. But no success.

I use MacBook Pro with M1 chip max, and the system software is Sonoma 14.4.1

Today the message I got while trying to open is Could not start NTKDaemon. And asking me to contact Support.

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Fr. Thomas

• PoorFellow
    Options

Then you need to contact support. Please refer to the links posted earlier !

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Thanks, again. I did contact the Support Team. I will have to wait 24 hours before they will investigate the issue, they said. They sent me the Support Tool app, and I hope they will be able to resolve the issue. You have a good day!

Fr. Thomas

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Hi I am still waiting for support from SUPPORT.

• PoorFellow
    edited April 29
    Options

At Jeremy_NI , appear to need you to look into if there has been a mishap or if n.I. email just went to user spam folder !

[EDIT : ping for Jeremy_NI removed since Fr. Thomas has reported issues solved !]

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Thanks, Jeremy. Someone did try to help. I sent the SupportTool report, they got all the info from my system, suggested that I remove temporarily the X…… and try again, but that did not do any good either. And I am still waiting……

Thanks again. You have a wonderful day!

Fr. Thomas

• PoorFellow
    Options

they got all the info from my system, suggested that I remove temporarily the X…… and try again, but that did not do any good either. And I am still waiting

Did you report back to support that what were suggested did not solve your problem ? You can not expect to get the issue solved unless that you keep working with support to get the issue fixed and keep reporting back to support !

• Fr. Thomas
    Options

Yes, I did. But have not heard from them again. I wrote again to inform that from my Time Machine back up I tried to access using an older version, and I did succeed in opening, but all my programs/products show DEMO, and if I turned off my laptop it reverts to the newer version I had downloaded and caused all the problems again. So many times and in so many different ways I have tried to resolve the issue, but have had no success. I wish Native Instruments Support was a little more pro-active in helping customers. Now it's several days I can't access my products or do anything with them. Native Access DOES NOT allow to have access. What an irony! Thank you Jeremy for trying to help me to resolve the issue.

Fr. Thomas

• Fr. Thomas
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Jeremy, Finally it seems to be working. Soon after I wrote to you, I checked my mail and there was a response from the Support. I tried what was suggested, and I have a feeling, that it is finally working.

Thanks a lot.

Fr. Thomas