Download failed, Mac ARM CPU, Sonoma

Options
Snekkis
Snekkis Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited April 16 in Native Access

Running Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 with ARM CPU, I opened Native Access and performed update to version 3.9.1. After that it was 39 items ready for update. Downloaded and installed these, but 10 of these item did not download, given "Download failed". I have plenty of space left. Content location is on an external disk. Doesn't make sense.

Best Answer

• Snekkis
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've found the problem. My external volume is 1TB SD-card, I've put in and out during update sessions, and it accidentally was set to locked, thus write protected. I'm sorry! Thanks for the willingness to help.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

Did you do the needed giving full disk access to ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon ?

Are your external disk of the needed disk format ? (APFS)

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• Snekkis
    Options

Yes, full disk access granted and APFS formatted. The odd thing here is how 2/3 of the update worked and the rest didn't.

• Snekkis
    Options

Correction: 3/4 of update worked

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

You should still check disk space at both download location and temp space on system drive !

Also please check firewall and if Private Relay is on then turn that off in preferences !

Also , Native Access can sometimes have a hard time recovering from failed downloads requiring you to remove anything in connection with the failed downloads from both download location and from content destination !

Also check that you do not have space taken by snapshots ! :

Quote : reffahcs 2024-03-07 (instruction screenshots included in the original post !)

Check with Disk Utility to see if you have any snapshots that are taking up space.

You'll have to enable show snapshots first though if you haven't already.

You can also verify this by going to the terminal and typing du -H

If NA is complaining about disk space, more than likely you will see a difference in free space in the terminal compared to Disk Utility.

• Snekkis
    Options

Firewall allows incoming connection, Private Relay is off, Disk Utility shows no snapshots, and Terminal screenshot attached here. Also, I updated to Native Access v3.10.0 right now, no difference

• Snekkis
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've found the problem. My external volume is 1TB SD-card, I've put in and out during update sessions, and it accidentally was set to locked, thus write protected. I'm sorry! Thanks for the willingness to help.