Psytrance style kick and bass

Options

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    Options

Can you maybe share the preset? I tried with the kick synth/engine and I couldn't get it right. Might be also interesting for others to learn something.

• Pete Larrett
    Pete Larrett Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Some excellent tips here. It's not something I've tried so I'm looking forward to exploring some of them.

• panddeh87
    panddeh87 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

any idea of native instruments product line up that will be released next month?

• Badbuddah
    Badbuddah Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I think that trk-01 the way to go, maybe coupled with freak vst effects

• FRACTAL FiLL
    FRACTAL FiLL Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I bought a DMS Psytrance kit for the Remix deck, as N.I don't even bother with the genre, so more Production kits for Psy would be interesting.

Richard

• KevDangerous
    KevDangerous Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hope for sytrance

• IAmLostForWords
    IAmLostForWords Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

While I think that the sound sculpting itself is no issue with i.e. Massive or other virtuals, my concern would be performance. Rhythm tracks and all are well controllable, but when it comes to performing actual layers, melodies, operating with effects and filters, nothing beats dedicated hardware, imho.

• DTN
    DTN Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Maybe I'm wrong, but since what I like about psytrance is the hypnotic feeling I get, what I do is automating its features slowly, usually reverb or delay, but sometimes pitch. I like techno too, so a bit of dissonance in pitch is not bad for me.

• Tobias Berka
    Tobias Berka Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I'd agree with the trk-01 for kick. Bass I'd fo a simple pulse wave basse with juicy resonancon monark, with a tube saturation after a compressor.

• dkcov2003
    dkcov2003 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

TRK-1 and I like the kick drums in the Decoded Forms expansion pack.

• Erwinew
    Erwinew Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I'm curious what it is.

• Mickilín
    Mickilín Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I'm only here for the draw!

• Chris Hunt
    Chris Hunt Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I’ve never actually bothered to try and make my own kicks. There are so many great sample packs out there well-known producers.

• dafingaz
    dafingaz Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I do enjoy using the computer. :) Can't help here, but I believe you can do a lot of tweaking and editing in Maschine.

• hjl
    hjl Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I'm here for the draw. But I would also recommend sidechaining on the kick envelope and eq.