HELP! Can't transfer license!

Options
Mr.P
Mr.P Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I just bought this account from another one, and I want to transfer Komplete 13 Standard to my own account, so I can buy another upgrade package and upgrade to K14 CE.

Now the problem is the status of Everything in this account is "Not transferable"

I don't know what to do

Please help me

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Try to open a ticket with support explaining them the situation, but usually the Not transferable products can’t be transferred (as the indication clearly states)

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053657-Purchase-Account

You could eventually ask them to join the 2 accounts instead of transferring the products 1 by 1. But the problem could be that someone sold you things he could not transfer (hence why he gave you access to his account instead of making the license transfer himself)

I see another problem in that account: the license for Komplete 13 is an upgrade for a Komplete Select, but I don’t see any (13 Select or even previous versions) registered, therefore the base product to make the Komplete 13 available is missing

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,406 Expert
    Options

If it just got bought or transferred to that account, it can't be for another .. 60 or 90 days.

Contact support.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

When you say you "bought the account from another one", what exactly do you mean? To be honest upgrades/transfers can be a bit of a nightmare, and the best way forward would be to put in a support request with full details of both accounts and explain what you want to do. You can find the support links here - Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

Try to open a ticket with support explaining them the situation, but usually the Not transferable products can’t be transferred (as the indication clearly states)

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053657-Purchase-Account

You could eventually ask them to join the 2 accounts instead of transferring the products 1 by 1. But the problem could be that someone sold you things he could not transfer (hence why he gave you access to his account instead of making the license transfer himself)

I see another problem in that account: the license for Komplete 13 is an upgrade for a Komplete Select, but I don’t see any (13 Select or even previous versions) registered, therefore the base product to make the Komplete 13 available is missing

• Mr.P
    Mr.P Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

So He gave me his email and password, and I login and change the email address to mine.

And I have tried to contact NI, but no response yet.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,926 mod
    edited April 10
    Options

At best this is a rather dubious and dangerous approach. Buyer could sell and let you change email address and then later claim to have lost access or account stolen and ask to recover account. (I am not even sure about the legality of account transfer/sale as opposed to product sale/transfer)

The only right approach would have been to transfer all transferable products to your account in one go !

I don't know if transfers are locked after changing email address or why it all says Not transferable but Mykejb is right that you have to contact N.I. Purchase and Account Support !