synchronize two traktors

Options
NooZ
NooZ Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi everyone, I would like to keep two Traktor setups synchronized, one on the computer I regularly use for playing and one on the computer I use every day for work, both with Windows, one with 10 and the other with 11 (if it may be useful to know). I would have my server manage the synchronization, which so far keeps a copy of my MP3 tracks. However, I would like to improve this; I would like to be able to synchronize my playlists and the software settings as well (also S4 MK3 data), ensuring that the two computers and the backup server are always up-to-date without me having to export the playlists or settings. Does anyone already do this?

Comments

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Dead easy, just use OneDrive. Sync your documents & music folders to OneDrive, then there's basically no work to do to keep it in sync. You might want to enable keep this folder online on your music and Traktor settings folders though.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,402 Expert
    Options

The music on both computer need to be at the same path. Else it will get complicated.

Then sync the My Documents\Native Instruments folder. Make a backup first :)

You can also check the %AppData% folders. I can't remember if Traktor has important files there.

• NooZ
    Options

yes i am looking for this kind of info.

looking for where traktor stores important things.. what to sync?

• NooZ
    Options

on drive is cool but limited in space i use a personal server to store folders, but I'm looking for whato to store to have the same config on two machines

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,402 Expert
    Options

Well the collections.nml is the most important part. But you also want to sync the .. stripes? I can't remember what the folder is called. But I think it's in the same place as the collection.nml

Start with My Documents\Native Instruments see if it works?