[UGC] Super 8 Reaktor users rejoice! All Super 8 R2 (VST) presets are here!

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert

Not anymore. The standalone VST version was discontinued due to poor sales. It was originally included in Komplete 13, but since its discontinuation new customers only get the Reaktor-based version now.

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

Great work. Time for NI to update Reaktor now, so it's not the incredible mess under macOS it is right now anymore.

• Monochrome
    edited June 21

What a nice surprise: @Kymeia was so kind and created preview sound files for each preset!

I've amended the original post with an additional .zip file ("Super 8 R2 (Complete with Preview sounds)").

• Lowkus
    Lowkus Member Posts: 33 Helper

Get rid of your Mac; Apple is constantly breaking software compatibility, forcing development labor to go toward rewriting stuff just to keep it functional. That labor could go to developing better features on the Windows side, an OS that rarely harms compatibility. For example, Pro-53 can run on my Win10 computer. Granted, NI won't let me activate my older software because NI doesn't care about their customers, but that's an entirely different issue.

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

There's no reason for me to get rid of my Mac. While I have many (!) issues with Apple and their business strategies, at least this time they have pretty good reasons to do what they're doing. The new M-series CPUs are just amazing.

NI however has no reasons to break compatibility. Or not allow me to install older software anymore. In addition, they're not coding well anymore. Battery 4 is a straight offense of my intelligence, especially as Battery 3 has been quite excellent. I will never understand how they were even trying to mess things up that bad.

And as far as Reaktor goes, they just don't care anymore. It's essentially dead software.

• Dave Schulze
    Dave Schulze Member Posts: 16 Member

Thanks so much for doing this. I really enjoyed Super 8 Standalone and loved the Preset Browser in it. It's nice to have it working in Reaktor and nice to have all these other Presets. Thanks!

Sadly, I have several VST ones saved as NKSF so I might boot up my old Mac which is still running Intel and the old versions of things, simply to recreate those presets. But what a pain?! Not sure it's worth it.

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 58 Helper

You're a legend. I was continuing to use R2, but it decided to take up a new hobby of blasting my ears with 300db of harsh noise, so as I'm now afraid to use it, I switched back to the Reaktor version and was dismayed to find missing presets.

Thanks bigly for this! (Though NI should also do it!)

• Dave Schulze
    Dave Schulze Member Posts: 16 Member

Can I mention that I still miss the Standalone simply for the preset browser?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,028 mod

I'm going through bass and leads folders, and some presets are off by a semitone or two from the correct tuning. Usually can be compensated with the main Pitch knob. I don't remember if R2 was like this too, but IMO this should be remedied so that all patches have consistently expected pitch. (This will then also, of course, impact previews.)

• Monochrome
    edited September 10

I probably should have mentioned it, but while recreating some presets in Reaktor they did sound off to me as you describe. And I don't know why since all values are 1:1. Perhaps you can figure it out and let me know?! 😅

I will go through all of them again and try to fix the faulty ones. Apologies…

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,028 mod
    edited September 8

Probably a rounding issue of sorts, who knows. But yes it would be great to have all of them sounding like C if you hit C, etc. :)

I also noticed some that are a semitone or two off in the Bass category. Just go through all patches and hit middle C with a reference tone enabled. Readjust all those which are off.

And I guess then the previews need an update, too…

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor

I see, I asked one time about the cost of having an ensemble locked. I think they wanted a grand or something to do it. They want to handle license fee's and everything else for you. I guess that's what this is or something. Thanks, I didn't know what it was.

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 170 Helper

Lock ensembles? cool…

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 111 Helper

Dude, that must have been an epic undertaking. Thanks for taking the time and not screwing people over by hiding it behind a paywall. Thats a display of true character.

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 630 Advisor
    edited September 14

Yeah, loneliness is such a drag. I can't imagine these forums without a users group. I never had super 8 myself. It must have been pretty good in it's hay day.