transfer licencse?

Options
saltpoke
saltpoke Member Posts: 7 Member

I own a maschine 1 and a maschine 2. I have register software for both. I just purchased a maschine +. Can I sell my maschine 1 an transfer the license for only this unit?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

Yes. When you go in your account in NI website, once you chose Transfer a license all the transferable products will be listed with a checkable slot. Only the ones checked will be transferred

• saltpoke
    Options

ok, thanks for the response. I guess my question is there a license attached with each maschine? I looked at my listed product but could not see a license for the different maschines. I don't want to sell my maschine one with software and find out my other units is without software.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    edited April 8 Answer ✓
    Options

Anything N.I. that comes with so called 'base' software you can not transfer software of (it should say non-transferable). Seller will retain the copy of the base software as well as that buyer will get their own version of the software when getting the hardware serial transferred ! (I do not know what is the 'base software' for your hardware !)

If in doubt then contact support account with your question ! : N.I. Purchase and Account Support

Also ref. : Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand

• saltpoke
    Options

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to response. Thanks for the info, my question was answered.