Controller Editor Broken ?

Options
Kaldosh
Kaldosh Member Posts: 355 Advisor

Hi,

I need Help as I am working on Midi mapping on my old trustee M STudio in controller editor to adapt a script in FL Studio to my needs .

After opening my config file in a text editor I can clearly see that Controller Editor seem to have a Bug and doesnt allow me to modify properly the MIDI coordinate of all the top left part of the Maschine meaning the CHANNEL,PLUG-IN, ARRANGE,MIX,ALL and AUtO button.

All those button are not properly addressed by Controller Editor and wether I change the number on those it doesn't modify the config file nor the MIDI numbers in it .

IT would be great if it could work as intended.

Do you suggest I should downgrade untill I find a truely working version ?

PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Kaldosh
    Options

Just to illustrate my point If you check the settings I call for number 36 on channel 1 in trigger mode withe the name Arrange though if you look at the file in opened in a text editor, the config remain number 106 in gate mode with name "Arrange Over" which I never setup ever in Controller Editor - same goes for the button All for instance which seem to be named "Reenabl" with number 120 for the ALL button which is supposed to be set as number 40 . 🤯 it doesn't make sense . Could you help maybe @Jeremy_NI ?

• Kaldosh
    Options

After a computer restart the Auto button didn't properly print the name in the config file and returns <name>CC 41</name> instead of <name>AUTO</name> and is toggle behaviour instead of bing Trigger

• Kaldosh
    Options

The debug log from FL doesn't return proper information either

• Kaldosh
    edited April 5
    Options

Very violent outcome technically 😅

When you don't change a thing and you get Invalid Synthax !

Its like selling/giving away something but not really - disgusting

• Kaldosh
    Options

Its is crazy for the last 4 years how ignored I felt in here 😭

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@Kaldosh I'm sorry, this is a bit out of my league, trying to get someone of our QA/Devs to check. Will get back to you when I get some useful info.

• Kaldosh
    Options

Everything I ask is out of the league... and everything is forbidden . Thanks for replying at least . no thanking for not orienting as usual good day

• ClickOct
    ClickOct Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I'd be you I'd probably start over and fresh and format your computer.

If you fiddled a lot with midi there might be conflicts here and there

• Kaldosh
    Options

Probably a good advice though I am not really an advanced user but not a beginner either . I have multiple controllers and midi monitoring app. Somehow I have plenty of bugs and even with no midi input port setup and bome midi translator completely closed (though I had to force it for the very first time) I had midi input coming from my controller in MidiPocket which doesn’t make sense.

so all I can guess is cyber bullying. Not the first time and working connected with no choice to be able to work disconnected is a big issue for many. Last time I went paranoid and almost bought little snitch 😂😂😂 Endless grid around the corner

• Kaldosh
    Options

Lol and yesterday by I don’t know what miracle I could enjoy Traktor 2 on Ventura . Was brillant working perfectly . I could mix my hard made tracks which I could not anymore because was pushed to upgrade to get that working but lost this etc etc . Extremely strange world we leave in . Just say no 😂 see where we going still not sure it’s the way to go

• ClickOct
    Options

I see where you coming from . Big Daddy is always right you know

• Kaldosh
    Options

Well see if those big plans had a real good meaning though I am too puzzled to believe it.

• ClickOct
    Options

Generations after generations, new problem arise

• Kaldosh
    Options

The one that just arose for me is that The Wrap function within #Controller Editor does not seem to be working . When Wrap is ticked it doesn't output any midi message ! quite frustrating

• ClickOct
    Options

Tested it here it works fine . just be sure to adjust range and steps accordingly and tick Warp to loop the sequence