Is a Maschine Studio worth it in 2024?

Options
BoomBapBlue
BoomBapBlue Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 4 in Maschine

Yo , I just found a second hand maschine studio for 250, looks barely used from the pictures.

Is the studio still worth in 2024? Does it lack features?

Let me know, thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited April 4
    Options

Sure. It doesn't lack much, there are a couple of small sw things the MK3 has that the Studio doesn't but it's not anything major, I don't even remember what tbh. In terms of the physical differences there are also some things the Studio has that the MK3 doesn't like the right side portion of dedicated buttons.

MK3's used go for as low as 250-350$ so I would personally spend the extra 50$ for it simply because it's a safer long-term investment, you have a higher risk of the Studio/MK2's to no longer be supported by new software sometime in the next few years.... NI does have a history of long term support but it's still a risk when you buy really old HW, especially if you have a mac.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    Options

It has a few extra buttons, but no. Not IMO.

I also don't think it's a safer long term investment considering it's probably going to be older than most used MK3's on the market.

Hardware does suffer from wear and tear, and I'd want to test any hardware out before purchase to see if there are any intermittent issues that pop up.