Native Access installation failure error

Options
Midikeyz
Midikeyz Member Posts: 4 Member

Native Access is continuously failing. I am getting an error "Installation failed: Review your location preferences" when trying install or re-locate ANY library. I tried reinstalling NA. All libraries are showing as ready to install but I cannot install anything with getting the above error. The paths are all correct and have been working for months until today. What's going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• Midikeyz
    Midikeyz Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I stumbled across a "fix" after browsing through the NI support articles. My external SSD, which I've been using for NI content since 2022, was formatted exFAT. I found a support article that suggested exFAT would not work and the Windows volume needed to be NTFS. I backed up the exFAT drive, reformatted to NTFS and then copied the data back. It seems to have fixed the problem; however, several instruments have to be re-"Located" which is a bit irritating. Going through that process now. So - something changed in the last NA update by NI. As I mentioned above, my exFAT drive has been working with NA for over 2 years and suddenly stopped. The troubleshooting question was "what was the last thing that changed since it was last working". The answer, NA was auto-updated to a new version. Frustrating...

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hi @Midikeyz Native Access has been getting updates almost every two weeks. Without knowing your last version, it's tough to pinpoint when this change was introduced... However, considering that exFAT isn't recommended, the behavior can be quite unpredictable. Glad to hear you've got everything sorted out already.