Audio latency issues on PC

Options
2»

Comments

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 592 Pro
    Options

I just remembered also. Be sure on any new PCs. That you use the support application right away to update everything. Most importantly Bios if available. You might be experiencing a problem that has been fixed with Bios update.

Also go through all your devices in the Device Manager and check for driver updates. Many times I have found driver updates that Windows missed.

Another problem I have ran into in the past was external monitors. Sometimes the external monitors will cause the battery to be checked constantly to make sure the right amount of power is used. This happened on a Sony Vaio I had.

Keeping drivers on everything up to date is something I do at least once a month. I take a day just for computer maintenance. On my son's computer as well. Even a bad driver or problems in other software can cause issues.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    edited April 3
    Options

OK, 6 cores, 12 threads, Zen3 architecture. It should be OK.

And do you use ASIO driver provided with NI controller in Traktor? Not ASIO4All wrapper...

And one thing comes to my mind... Certain controllers D2/S5/S8 and I think also few others newer, had problems if run on computer with AMD graphic card.....

I am not sure it it was just output to displays or also the sound. And if your controller has been affected. And if it has been already fixed, or not....

• Fabrizio169
    Fabrizio169 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

I updated the drivers today, I still have audio problems, crashes, but could you tell me if the output devices are correct, thank you. (photos)

During a stop I observed,

In audio settings: Diagnostics: system performance test,

I'm in green all the time and the audio is blocked, so it's not due to the latency settings!

I have the impression that traktor doesn't like AMD

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,184 Guru
    Options

You know there's a button on your computer keyboard for saving pictures of the screen.....

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 261 Guru
    Options

So many people trying to offer fixes and yet we don't know the DPC latency of this guy's system.

Start with the basics before asking people to install more third party software 'solutions'.

• Kubrak
    Options

Try to run LatencyMon as has been already suggested. You could find what makes you problems.

Also, your problem is not latency, but dropouts.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 592 Pro
    edited April 4
    Options

The Traktor Asio test didn't show any spikes at all?

That is strange if you are getting dropouts, it should show some red bars when happening.

As @leesinthemix said very early in this thread, you should have downloaded the Dpc Latency checker tool and checked that way also. Of course check with that tool before trying Process Lasso or disabling and uninstalling anything.

What type of audio files are you using for music?

Are you sure the music is analyzed and has a grid? I have seen a few times where people had music loaded and it had no grid, causing it to jump, and they mistake that for an audio problem.

Do you have anything else connected to the laptop besides the S4MK3? If so try only having the S4 hooked up and try different ports.

In Windows settings you can also choose which graphics card to use if the Laptop has that option. If it is a conflict with AMD. Here is how to do it for specific applications.

I think it is the same for Windows 11.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 261 Guru
    Options

High levels of DPC latency LITERALLY causes drop outs and it will do it on ALL audio software.

• Kubrak
    Options

You have problems with dropouts caused by DPC latency. You do not have problem with audio latency. One may have high audio/signal latency, but no dropouts... And so, the thread title is a very misleading....

Have you tried LatencyMon to identify what SW causes DPC latencies?