Have anyone encountered similar bug with M+?

Options
Andy Wt
Andy Wt Member Posts: 85 Helper

I use M+ in standalone mode only. My typical project usually consist of 16-24 groups and project name contains incrementally numbered version, e.g Project-A-001, Project-A-002, etc. So several days/weeks after project start i have something like Project-A-035. And everything is fine and M+ works as expected (not taking into account all well-known bugs). But at some point i load last saved project version and perform some minor modifications (e.g. previous time i quadrupled length of one pattern and muted 2 or 3 groups). And then after saving it with incremented name and rebooting or power cycling M+ this new project doesnt load reliably. Either

1. M+ performs reboot after timeout, or

2. M+ returns to empty project state after timeout (in most cases), or

3. Project loads just fine (on some rare occasions)

But this project loads fine either

• on second attempt after case 2, or
  • after loading previous project version first.

First time this happened during November 2022 and now almost year and half later it still annoys me periodically.

SW and FW are of latest versions, SD-Card is Sandisk 256GB and there no issues with it.

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

From my own experience, I would say SD card issues.

Is your card a micro SD with adapter?

• Andy Wt
    edited March 29
    Options

Its a standard-sized SD card, without adapter.

To verify that SD-card is ok i connected M+ to Mac using M+ Storage mode and grabbed SD-card image with 'dd' command 4 times in a row. For each image i calculated sha-512 checksum and verified that checksum values for all images are equal. So i'm pretty sure that my SD card is in perfect condition.

During this test 1TB (4x256GB) was transferred from M+ SD-card and after that M+ is unable to get back from Storage Mode with 'Disconnect' button click. It just freezes. Power-off is the only possible fix. I had same issue couple of weeks ago when i tried to copy 17 GB of samples to SD-Card with latest OS. But as i remember i was able to perform such operation around a year ago without any issues, with some earlier version of OS.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

If the SD card is ok, then it has to be a problem with your M+. Either a defective SD card reader or worse.

Just to be on the safe side, I‘d try a brand new full size SanDisk 256 or 512 just to be sure. Best case you find it works fine with a new card and saved the money and time spent with sending your M+ in for service, worst case you have a backup SD card.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Can you make tiny project with this issue and upload it as a zip so we can try?

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 182 Helper
    Options

Sorry to hear about what is happening to you. I noticed that when you switch pages fast it takes time to show right values on the screen but those are usually one's with heavy Prism FX which I would record and free CPU and cool way to have several projects in one is to use Lock States and Linking them to a empty group and Pad and play with like in Keyboard mode and placing them on linear Time Line accurately is amazing solution.

One MIDI 5pin Cable from out to in on Maschine Plus and then Settings turn on Maschine as in and out and om the next page choose what you want to control Lock States, Selection or Scenes and connect with Notes. Now C1 will correspond with C-2 in Keyboard mode on specific Group and Pad which would be connected to Maschine internal in and out on channel 1 .

Empty Pads in group can be linked to group 1 as SEND and one Pad with the Sound Link to group 1 as RECEIVE. Now press empty Pad and adjust which Note and Octave will they play from the Group View.

I would like to have two or more Play Heads for getting Granular sound and separate pitchers would only make sense.

Maschine is very capable device holding several projects in one with saving CPU by turning on new instruments and at the same time turning Off one's you don't need and again Lock States are the bless.

• Andy Wt
    Options

Sure, as soon as i will be able to reproduce it with small project i will share it.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options
  • Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 182 Helper
    Options

It has something that I share as a solution and it's seems like I'm going the only one who understands possibility for having several projects in one and I just want to share that but about topic, well quality build is not what is advertising and it's that simple. No solutions ir no publicly given only if it goes through support which is Amazing and I am saying that based on personal experience. Like many other topics I am ether in disbelief or I am confused because it's looks that people don't read but not just Manual from understanding how to use device but as a process for exercise Brain Muscule. SD card is bad choice by design and I am wondering who came to this idea in time when SSD's are spread across the market in all sizes, shapes and Fomrs.

Why ? I didn't eject not even once and it was in straight from the Box. Why it happened one's and will it happen again? I think there's no answer to that so I share something positive thinking that maybe it will help to detach from the Problem Mind Set . Honestly