huge Native instruments 13 Ultimate install problems, HUGE

Options
CESU
CESU Member Posts: 9 Member

Hello friends, ive been trying to solve this issue since 5 days and i am extremely sad and frustradet. i have made many installation mistakes with NI Ultimate 13. I changed the installation folder from internal disk C, to a external harddisk, for eg. It was a mess. I deinstalled everything, all the products and jused jv16 Powertools registy cleaner to get rid of any traces in the registry. Keywords: "native instruments", "Kontakt ""Konatakt7", . I deleted manually all the reistry entrys i could find in the "regedit" search window. I deletetd all the folders of NAtive instruments. Reinstalled, and same problem. "unable to uninstall previous versions".... I downloaded the Kontakt7 player over a link here and that worked, so i did not install over natve access( native access runs fine by the way). BUt in native access it says for 70% of the products " kontakt needed" when i click on " Both install " it keeps downloading and nothing happens. I downlaoded the registry tool as well but dont know how it should have helped. I want to have all the sounds on a external harddisk, its a "WD Elements 5 TB". I am going mad, im a musician not a computer expert. Please help me Guys. How do i compelety deinstall EVERYTHING and turn it back like nothing ever happened? Or how can i make it work with a different solution? I am about to erase and reinstall my entire laptop( Lenovo thinkpad, windows 11) . But i am affraid to lose my data and office documents.

PLease have mercy and help me.

THanks so much, emanuel

Best Answer

Answers

• CESU
    Options

Going through all again alone is a daunting experience for me , so can someone help me over team viewer? That would be beyond kindness. ❤️

• william olson
    william olson Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Wow.i know what i would ddo .Buy another computer too use for music only.In fact that is what i did.Contact NI

• CESU
    Options

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
    anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei NI_Uninstall_RegTool.Form1.main()
    bei NI_Uninstall_RegTool.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

NI Uninstall RegTool
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Emanuel/Desktop/NI%20Uninstall%20RegTool_64bit.exe.

System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System
    Win32-Version: 4.8.9220.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

System.Drawing
    Win32-Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.8.9220.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
    Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
    Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
    (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
    Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
    Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
    Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,324 mod
    Options

A major problem here is that you are, quote : "a musician not a computer expert" and then knowing that then you have already launched into a rather headless act trying to deal with the Windows registry by deleting things by keyword which is close to meaning less as that is like deleting some things and not other and also deleting things that you would not want deleted ! And then on top of that you use the regedit tool manually claiming to be not a computer expert. And after that also : quote : " I downlaoded the registry tool as well but dont know how it should have helped" !?!?!? If you want to clean registry from apps then you do that after that you uninstalled all you can manually because you do not want too many file leftovers on your drive and then to deal with registry you would use something like Revo Pro and it's forced uninstall to deal with programs leftovers and else the N.I. registry tool. But launching blindly as you have done is a sure way of screwing up things.

Then quote 2 : "i am affraid to lose my data and office documents"

Having a computer with documents or other content on that you care for and then apparently having zero interest in acquiring the basic knowledge of what and how to backup files is having a clearly wrong attitude to something. If you have documents that you care for then either you have to learn how to take backups to USB stick or cloud drive or both. Or if you do not want to do that then you have to get someone in real life to help you do it.

Quote 3 : "I am about to erase and reinstall my entire laptop( Lenovo thinkpad, windows 11)"

Prior to doing anything then at least do yourself the favor to find out if your computer meets the system requirements of Kontakt 7 that you want to use : Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU , Graphics hardware support for Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) or higher, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)

After that then please get someone in off line to help you take care of the problems including the back up of all your stuff and the re-install of your Windows if you want that !

I am sorry but given the situation in general then I personally can not assist with this any further than the above advice , perhaps someone else can , but I can not !

• CESU
    Options

Dear Poor fellow ,

first of all I like to thank you for answering me . I highly appreciate your time and effort and all you do for this community.

I do like to apologise for bothering you and the community . Although I find your words slightly to harsh in my opinion , as I’m not THAT ignorant and careless as you might think , your criticism fits the situation very well . According to what I wrote I totally feel you and you are basically right 90 %.

So again my apologies.

I reinstalled windows and all good .

take care and wish you all the best .

thanks again “poor fellow “ for your Sevice and your honest response to me .

Hope no hard feelings in the future . Peace

Emanuel

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,324 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Absolutely no need for any apologies , and in fact then you have my apologies if I appeared as being rude , that were never my intention though I might have been a bit too forward in the situation !

Kind regards