Can I connect my mixer to Maschine MK3 through line in?

Options
Dennis from Wonderland
Dennis from Wonderland Member Posts: 2 Member

I have started to use the audio interface of MK3 more frequently (even when I'm not using Maschine).

However, I cannot connect my mixer through Line inputs of MK3 to listen to me records.

Is it possible to use MK3's line in to route mixer's booth output, without using Maschine 2 software?

The setup I'm trying to use is Turntable (Numark TTX1) ---> mixer (Z2) ----> MK3 line input ----> line output to speakers. MK3 is turned on, but not using Maschine software.

Tagged:

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Options

Why involve the MK3? You can plug speakers directly into the Z2.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 26
    Options

PK's suggestions sounds more logical, especially if this is your only use case for an MK3.

But if you really want to do it that way: Since the MK3 has no physical button to enable monitoring or direct monitoring you need to open a DAW or any music software and Arm an Audio track that is set to receive input from the MK3-Interfce, basically you have to enable monitoring via SW.

If you're a mac user there are free apps like this one in case you don't want to use a full DAW for something so simple: https://hgsounds.com/product/input-monitor/

There should be similar options for Windows.

• Dennis from Wonderland
    Dennis from Wonderland Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I couldn't run both cables to my speakers at the same time and the position of the speakers doesn't make cables swap easy.

I used to run direct monitoring thorugh Komplete Audio 6 (1st gen) but lately I have a few issues and I think it's going to leave me for better places soon :P

D-One your proposal worked like a charm! Thanks you!