Audio Interface Conflict with DAW and Other Applications

Options
AcoAlex
AcoAlex Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing with my Komplete 6 Mk2 audio interface. When using non-DAW software such as YouTube and Spotify, the interface performs flawlessly. However, a problem arises when I open my DAW, FL Studio 21. Upon doing so, other applications seem to malfunction; Spotify fails to display or play songs, and websites like YouTube experience prolonged loading times.

I suspect the issue may be related to the Native Instruments drivers, as FL Studio utilizes them. Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and if so, could you kindly share your resolution strategies? Is there a way to configure the settings to allow simultaneous audio playback from the DAW and other programs, or is this a limitation I must accept?

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,156 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's normal. It's designed that way. It's not a limitation.

When using a DAW most users would not want audio from anywhere else interfering during a recording session, and pro audio interfaces use drivers that only allow one source at a time - in this case the DAW - for best performance, low latency etc.

Usually people route their computer audio via the onboard interface to keep it separate.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,156 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's normal. It's designed that way. It's not a limitation.

When using a DAW most users would not want audio from anywhere else interfering during a recording session, and pro audio interfaces use drivers that only allow one source at a time - in this case the DAW - for best performance, low latency etc.

Usually people route their computer audio via the onboard interface to keep it separate.