Traktor S4 MK3 Deck A sudden stop playing the track without touching anything!

Options
BaseTown
BaseTown Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello!

I was having a gig using the latest Traktor version and my S4 MK3 (latest firmware) and MacBookPro 2018 (OS Ventura 13.6.2) as suddenly during the gig the music stops!!

I didn't touched anything on the S4! That happened 3 times during that gig!

Any solutions? Any ideas?

Answers

• PresentSimple
    PresentSimple Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Had the same happen to me during my last gig, but on a Windows 11 machine. Sound drop out once, and twice or three times tracks simply refusing to play, as if stuck in a loop while they aren't. From my experience with Traktor software and how they fix bugs - it's probably the software 😅

But first - if this happened while you were not touching the machine, check if your macbook turns off USB ports to save power and after how long when you don't touch the computer. Dropouts can happen due to USB power saving getting turned on, sometimes a faulty power cable. Depends what sort of stop occurred. Did the track also stop playing in the software? Did it throw any error or indication?

• BaseTown
    Options

Hi!

thx 4 answer!

The MacBook has USB-C, the S4 MK3 has its own power supply. There were no „drop outs“, the deck stoppef the track playing without me touching anything.

Batterie indication on MacBook full, all lights on S4 MK 3 on.

In my opinion it wass no sound (driver) problem, but a soft- or hardwareproblem of NI.

But: I used Traktor since Final Cut, it never happened up to that day!!

• PresentSimple
    PresentSimple Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

And your controller including the LEDs and screens did not indicate that it has reset/disconnected, right?

If so, this rules out USB cable disconnection - which would stop the sound if you're using the built-in soundcard of the S4.

The track that was playing - is it stored on the SSD/HDD, or a USB stick? Trying to think what other points of failure could occur... TBH similar things happened to me in the past but I encountered so many issues with the Traktor software that I just brushed it up to that lol I may be extra unlucky, glad to hear you never had such issues in the past.

• BaseTown
    Options

Hi!

My tracks are on the SSD on the MacBook.

No indication, that the USB Cable disconnected.

I worked a long time with Traktor without any issues!! That was the first time after 15 years.

May be MIDI-coupling be a problem? I habe a MIDI-Coupling to DasLight5 to work with soznd-to-light features?!?

greetz