Mapping zone on Maschine Plus

Options
jay4nexus
jay4nexus Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Hello

I sampled a stylophone with my Maschine Plus and I have a sample with each 44 notes of the instrument, from A1 to F5. I can slice it and apply it to the page so that I can play it in keyboard mode, but C pad plays A1, C# pad plays A#1, etc.

I tried to set up root note and range in the Zone section but it does not seem to change the way the slice is applied.

Is there a way to associate parts of the sample to a key in the zone on Maschine Plus? Or must I chop my sample into small samples (one for each note) and create on Kontact on my laptop?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    edited March 17 Answer ✓
    Options

I would have expected that you can set the base pitch of the instrument…

However, I don’t think it’s necessary to involve Kontakt.

You can do everything necessary with Maschine, but it will be much easier to accomplish on the desktop. You could slice the sample and then rename the resulting 44 samples in the Finder/Explorer with the appropriate pitch in the name. Maschine sampler should then be able to automatically map all the samples to the correct zones.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

Did you use M+ Autosampler?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Options

Stylophones don't have MIDI.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

Oh….right ☺️

• jay4nexus
    Options

Indeed, stylophone's from 1967, dinosaur stuff 😊

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    edited March 17 Answer ✓
    Options

I would have expected that you can set the base pitch of the instrument…

However, I don’t think it’s necessary to involve Kontakt.

You can do everything necessary with Maschine, but it will be much easier to accomplish on the desktop. You could slice the sample and then rename the resulting 44 samples in the Finder/Explorer with the appropriate pitch in the name. Maschine sampler should then be able to automatically map all the samples to the correct zones.

• jay4nexus
    Options

Thanks, i will do it this way.👍