Maschine+ X1200-1819 bug is back

Options
Andy Wt
Andy Wt Member Posts: 85 Helper

There was a bug, quite significant time ago, which i suppose was fixed later. It was about 4D encoder didn't work properly after Text Entry dialog invocation. It was required to press VOLUME button twice to get it back to normal. Looks like last OS update brought this issue back. Can anyone confirm same behaviour?

Tagged:

Comments

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

If you meaning M+ Standalone mode, everything is OK and on Windows 10 nothing has changed.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    edited March 14
    Options

@Andy Wt I recorded on my Maschine+ a few days ago, then used the 4D encoder to select text (renaming samples) and no issues.

What do you mean by "Looks like"?

Looks like where? When? Looks like because....?

What's this X1200-1819 business? I notice you've made other posts here using that same string.

• Andy Wt
    edited March 14
    Options

Sorry about too vague description, this bug is related to M+ in standalone mode.

1. After booting M+ 4d encoder works as intended, so its possible to move playhead using SHIFT+rotate
    2. Then let's say you want to save project or rename something so Text Entry dialog is invoked and text is entered using 4d encoder. There are other bugs present in Text Entry dialog such as no cursor or multiple cursors but they are not related to 4d encoder. Encoder itself works fine here
    3. The bug occurs after finishing entering text and leaving Text Entry dialog. It's becomes impossible to move playhead using SHIFT+rotate and during SHIFT+4d encoder rotation status line shows 'N/A master'
    4. Pressing VOLUME button twice fixes this and 4d encoder starts operate normally.

There was discussion 2 years ago https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/10283#Comment_10283

• Andy Wt
    Options

@PK The DJ X1200-1819 is NI internal assigned bug ID

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

I'm guessing X1200-1819 is the internal BUG tracking id for that particular issue?

No issues for me either, I tried renaming a Pad and Group, all good.

Are you renaming anything in particular? Provide exact steps to reproduce.

• Andy Wt
    edited March 14
    Options

@D-One

1. Boot M+
    2. Create pattern: Press Pattern, Pad 1
    3. Set pattern length to 8 bars by rotating Knob 4
    4. Check SHIFT + 4d rotate moves playhead as intended
    5. Press PAD MODE to view groups
    6. Press SHIFT + Button 2 to rename current group
    7. In Text Entry dialog add 123 to current group name
    8. Save new name by pressing Button 8
    9. Press Pattern and try moving playhead with SHIFT + 4d rotate. It doesnt work in my case

It doesnt matter what is renamed, any operation which uses Text Entry dialog leads to this bug

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 14
    Options

Thanks, can confirm!

The 4D Encoder gets stuck in "n/a Master" requiring activation and deactivation of any of the 3 buttons/modes next to it to be usable again (for things like moving the playhead and other actions aswell)

EDIT: It can also get unstuck with other actions like opening the browser for example.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    edited March 15
    Options

@Andy Wt can’t remember this bug to have ever been fixed. Was it mentioned in the release notes?

• Andy Wt
    Options

@ozon I dont know, but again i have'nt seen in changelog mention of one particular bug which they really fixed. Maybe it was under 'Performance and stability improvements'

• ozon
    Options

Reported to the team as still reproducible.

• Andy Wt
    edited March 15
    Options

@ozon thank you! And i would really appreciate if you also remind them about the existence of the following bug. It was reported more than year ago: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/requests/2727700?page=1

IDEAS mode display bug

Prepare and save project:

1. Project with at least two banks of groups with patterns and events. It is not required for all groups to have sounds, patterns and events, but at least one group from each bank should contain such.

2. It also should contain some song structure with at least two scenes

3. Project should be saved with Group Bank 2 activated (selected)

4. Project should be saved with SONG mode activated (not IDEAS mode)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Important: Turn on or reboot Maschine+

2. Load project

3. Press IDEAS to get into SONG mode.

4. Switch to IDEAS mode (SHIFT + Button 1)

5. Bug: despite Group Bank 2 is being active, both screens shows patterns and controls for Group 1 instead.

6. Rotate any Knob to change pattern. Both screens instantly switches to Group 2 data.

• ozon
    Options