Kontakt 7 - Third-party libraries - Installation

Options
edjunhoscj
edjunhoscj Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited March 12 in Kontakt

Q: Translation inserted by Moderator (translation by DeepL)

How do you resolve the libraries installed in kontakt 7 that don't appear in the side menu on the left?

Community Code of Conduct - Please read before posting :

Quote : Our community is currently only available in English. Please be advised that we retain the right to remove any posts in languages other than English.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    edited March 13
    Options

That depends , some third-party library makers gives you a serial to redeem in Native Access and gives you a download from third-party library maker that you install and then use locate function (found at three little dots menu lower right of product picture) in Native Access to get Native Access to 'accept' the library and it will then show when you open Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol stand alone !.

A lot of other makes just gives you a zip file to download that you will then have to un-zip and then copy to the Kontakt user library and then you navigate to it in the file browser in Kontakt and open it from there.

Kontakt also have the ability in options - libraries to un-check (hide) libraries , but it does not sound as that is your problem !

• edjunhoscj
    Options
    My problem is very specific. Only one library does not appear as installed. I checked records, the xml, tried to generate new NCINT. But it only causes problems with one.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@edjunhoscj Then what library is it? Does it come with a serial? What are the specifications and install instructions?

tried to generate new NCINT

How did you try to "generate" this file and why?

• edjunhoscj
    Options

is a third party library. Where do I check the serial number?

How can I generate new NCINT?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    edited March 19 Answer ✓
    Options

I think that both with respect to the missing NICNT file and the serial then that is most likely questions that you need to ask the seller / manufacturer for !

I did find ways to apparently be able to add/make NICNT files but I am not sure if that is both legitimate and allowed so immediately I am not going to share that here (not in PM either !)

Quote Reddit : Only kontakt libraries with a nicnt file can be added to the libraries tab. The easiest work around is to use the quick load feature. On the new version you can right click and the tab will open and there you can add the instruments so you won't have to dig through finder

I just found out that N.I. have added these support articled :

Setting Up a Third-Party Kontakt Library

How to Add Non-Player Libraries to Kontakt 7's Browser

• edjunhoscj
    edited March 19
    Options

I'll try these options my friend!