Win 10 says NI Factory is 39.6 Gigs but folder is only 1.6GB why is this?

Lexicondonn
Lexicondonn Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited 10:52AM in Native Access

Windows reports that Native Instruments install is 39.6 Gigs. But the explorer folder reports the folder contents as 1.6 Gigs. All my samples are stored on a separate drive. This is confirmed by the NI app as well.

Any Ideas on how to solve this? I'm running out of C drive space....ha ha

Thanks

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,405 Expert

There are many different folders. Application one, content one, libraries,… Usually the bigger ones are under Documents (or where you pointed NA to install them)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited March 9

To install properly you will have to have enough space both temporary space on system drive and at download folder location as well as on the Content location drive (check your file management settings in Native Access)

Quote : "I'm running out of C drive space....ha ha"

Not really a laughing matter unless that you like Windows program problems. You should always strive to have plenty of system drive space. Not only do you need temporary space for all sorts of downloads and installations but also your Windows have system files such as pagefile.sys , swapfile.sys and hiberfil.sys that can each on their own take a lot of space !

So either you should start cleaning all unnecessary stuff from the drive or you need a bigger system drive ! (Drives are rather cheap these days, at least 2.5" SATA SSD is , though if supported by your board then M2 NVME SSD can be I think more than 10 times faster than SATA SSD)

This discussion has been closed.