Kontakt 7 Player and Native Access broke overnight

Options
ABMakingSounds
ABMakingSounds Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Last night I was working on a project that was using two instances of Kontakt 7 Player (one had the Jacob Collier Audience Choir and another had the String Melody - Orchestra). This was days after running a test project on the day Audience Choir came out and it worked perfectly then.

This morning my problems started. First off, there was an error when I booted up my DAW saying one instance of Kontakt 7 couldn't be loaded up properly, so I just hit play and Audience Choir isn't playing. The 2nd one works fine btw, not an issue there. So on opening Kontakt, it throws up a splash page I've never seen before:

Now I click "Activate" thinking Native Access prolly needs to be open or smth, I had a similar problem with Splice and Serum when I was on the rent-to-own plan. It opens NA and does nothing so I figure cool it works, even this page is gone. Except as you can see, my other instruments aren't showing in the Library. They ARE still in my recent files tho (File > Load Recent) so i go to load Audience Choir (AC) from recent and I get this error "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently".

In fact, none of my other instruments are showing up either and using the Load... function to manually pick them gives me the same problem. I reinstalled AC from NA after this but still the same error. I then decide to reinstall Kontakt 7 Player which took about 2 hours, then AC and then restarted my laptop and on booting up the DAW, no errors at all. Awesome. And then it hit me with the splash page from before again. Okay cool, I guess I just need to have NA open every time it starts up but this time, clicking activate makes the NA icon pop up on my dock for a fraction of a second and then immediately closes and gives me this error

At this point I have genuinely no clue what I'm supposed to do, I can't find any specific information anywhere on the internet beyond just "Try rebooting", "Try reinstalling" and "Try uninstalling, rebooting, installing and rebooting". I started this process around 11 am, its now almost 6 pm. I've literally been trying to get this one thing to work for longer than I slept last night

Comments

• Phonosheet
    Phonosheet Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same thing for me, on monday I worked on an Ableton Live 7 project with a few instances of kontakt Player that opened fine.

Yesterday, opened the same project, got an error in Ableton Live, and got the paywal on Kontakt 7 (non player).

What the Schnitzel?! In Native Access I don't see anymore Kontakt 7 player, if I try to install Kontakt 7 I get an error:

Installation failed: Review your preferences

No further explanation, no method on how to fix the issue. This is probaby the worst error message I have ever encountered.

• Prokat99
    Prokat99 Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Kontakt 7 (non player, paid version) is in full crash mode for me in standalone and Logic as of yesterdays update.

I can get it running by deleting the plist files under Library/Preferences/...

Very frustrating though.

• Prokat99
    Options

I already did. It's been a few days and so far no response.

I genuinely don't see why they make it so hard to obtain older releases. I can see super old releases but not allowing users to easily downgrade to a previous working version is ludicrous.

Unfortunately, the trick I was using to get it to work somehow doesn't work anymore. I had to remove Kontakt completely from my system to get Logic to reopen the project.

What a ****** intro into this seemingly amazing ecosystem.

• Prokat99
    Options

ha, the word c r a p p y got hidden... That's pretty hilarious as now my post looks like I used a really bad word instead of arguably a very "not" bad word.

• donuts1000
    donuts1000 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This is happening to me to suddenly today. Things were working fine at least 2 days ago. And suddenly today Kontakt 7 (which I own) thinks it's not authorized, and if I open Native Access it won't install, saying to check installation preferences/locations. All locations are fine & have full read/write access. All NI software has "Full disk access."

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,770 mod
    Options

I do know if this is another Native Access version 3.9.0 error , but if you use V. 3.9.0 you could try to downgrade to NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0 to see if that makes a difference for you !

Else you could try resetting the XML files for both Native Access and the Kontakt ones ? : My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@ABMakingSounds @Phonosheet @Prokat99 What are your operating systems? After which update did this happen? Kontakt's update, Native Access?

• Prokat99
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

macOS 13.6.5

Kontakt update (7.8.1) performed through Native Access

Standalone crashes immediately. I was able to get my Logic project to open the first time and got kontakt working by deleting plists/prefs per NI doc. But, that only worked for the first day. Second day, I was able to still open project at first but couldn't open Kontakt (strangely enough, my SL 61 MK3 was still showing the plugin on it's screen and I could play it, but still couldn't open Kontakt/Vocal Colors).

Eventually the logic project wouldn't open any more until I fully removed Kontakt from my system (standalone, AU, VST, prefs, plists, etc...).

Support finally got back to me yesterday with 7.8.0 dmg. Installed and everything seems to work fine now.

I'm still quite peeved that I had to wait 5 days to get the download. Seriously, why not allow people to downgrade easy? At the very least, give us the ability to back down to the previous version. This isn't the first time NI has bungled a release (virtually every software company does). The fact that I had to strip my system and use Logic stock sounds for one of my first paid compositions is extremely disappointing and makes me wonder if my $2k investment into NI was a poor choice.

btw if anybody is in need of 7.8.0, here is the link that was shared with me from support. Hopefully this will save your butt (3 days too late for me)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qVAMnnEkVBYr5t5WChcDliX_TQvl_kl/view

• PoorFellow
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Prokat99 There's a known bug/crash with Logic, Kontakt 7 and the MK3 keyboards, have you checked this out? https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/26460/logic-10-8-crashes-when-using-kontakt-7-and-a-kontrol-mk3-keyboard

If you're on MacOS 13, deleting the cs file should fix it.

• Prokat99
    edited March 14
    Options

@PoorFellow I'm not seeing any links to Kontakt 7.8.0 other than the one I've posted. It was in this thread? I see the one for Native Access. Are you saying if I downgraded Native Access it would install an older version of Kontakt?

• PoorFellow
    edited March 14
    Options

Sorry , my bad, it was the x.8.0 that scrolling through it all made me confuse it with the Native Access.

Please accept my sincerest apology for my screw up ! 😶