Can Komplete 14 owners get the 3 free plugins on offer to new purchasers of 14?

Options
Bubba Satori
Bubba Satori Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, Unity, Lunaris 2 and Groth are being offered free to new purchasers of Komplete 14. Will current owners of Komplete 14 be able to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks!

Β«13

Comments

• Brooks
    Brooks Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same question

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    Options

Yeah , that was my first thought , I mean I wish , but I am rather sure that things do not work that way !

The way that stuff like that works are through campaigns and what you are seeing is an offer to get something with your purchase if you buy within the given time slot. In that time slot then price for the product that gives the extra stuff is set at whatever price and also what the other company that supplies the extra stuff gets is taken out of the price of in this case the Komplete 14 bundle !

So what we see is Native Instruments campaigning to give people a reason to buy their product at this particular time at what price is set now ! And Native Instruments most likely gives some of the proceeds to the other company. Reason why N.I. feel that they can share most likely is because bundles are sold at full price at the moments.

There are other concerns that I do not feel like discussing or divulging but it ought to suffice to say that at any given time or at any moment in time then you and I may have this or that reason to move to do the actual purchase of whatever in question but if you take another moment in time then while you still might have wanted to buy then your reason to move to do the actual purchase might have been another. That's just how stuff works, you receive an offer with a perceived value and/or a perceived advantage and you make a decision. So while you at this point in time may think that you did not get this or that back when you bought then you most likely had another perceived advantage or reason that you after having had satisfied either thinks not matters or may have forgotten.

In any case, no matter how much we would like to get all future advantages from future purchase decisions then the likelihood that we get it is slim to none ! (N.I. would have to take money out of their pocket to pay the other company for our licenses) We got what we got ! Personally I got my bundle upgrades on sales , others might have bought at full price when it were all new and hot and had that advantage (an 'advantage' I were too poor to have !)

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

I'm going to echo some of what @PoorFellow wrote but if you already own K14 since a while and did not purchase it like super close to the announcement of this campaign then you would not receive additional instruments. This is a time specific offer and applicable on purchases made during that time.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,146 Guru
    Options

Hey, I see you're offering free fries with every burger. I bought a burger last week. I want free fries!

😁

• Universon
    Universon Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

You'd think maybe there'd be a discounted offer at least?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

You're in luck, we happen to have a few fries left over from last week. πŸ˜‚

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

Probably not, being them from other companies (not that NI never make offers on third parties, but since they are already in that bundle…)

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,146 Guru
    Options

I notice there's another thread started up - someone else wants their free fries!

As Josh Gates would say.....UN-believable. 🀣

• Bubba Satori
    Bubba Satori Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. That's understandable. Will there be an opportunity for a discounted or full purchase of the plugins for current owners?

• DustmanNorochj
    DustmanNorochj Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Options

mmmmmm.......fries.....

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 10
    Options

The misunderstanding here is that it is not something that is given to bundle buyers as part of their bundle or being part of the K 14 bundles going forward. This is something given to people with their bundle as promotional activity when buying not as part of their bundle !

Had it been something given as part of the bundle with the same version number and tier as yours then I am sure that you would have received yours too !

Don't get me wrong , I'd really like to have the stuff too as part of my already purchased bundle but that is not how it is or how stuff works !

• dafingaz
    dafingaz Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Discount option to purchase any or all 3 would be great.

Even better, let existing users be able to choose 1 for free and still discount for the others.

But...still a great deal for the new folk! :)

• rrahim
    rrahim Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

These types of promotions always cause backlash, but music software companies keep doing them.