Maschine software

Options
Holy Rockstar
Holy Rockstar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 7 in Maschine

My question is what is being done to update maschine daw software to continue to build and compete with other daws like logic and fl studio? I have noticed that maschine gets mentioned the least as a daw and I assume it is bc it can be worked as a vst but I believe this is a area of opportunity to keep things inhouse so that I dont have to leave the maschine program to make detailed automation, sequencing and recording. I know recording may be a stretch but the perception of maschine now seems to be more pattern based workflow exporting loops to another daw. To sum up my question are there any plans to build on maschine product to where we work within the daw from start to finish.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,072 mod
    edited March 7
    Options

Hello,

that's a good question but native will not answer that, they will not share any plans. Maschine software is always referred as groove box or something but "not a DAW". But there was a poll for features and now it's getting to the next round where every of the selected (most requested) feature is presented on its own and discussed as far as I know, you see a pinned thread on top for example, so native is working on maschine and I really appreciate that.

P.S. I moved your thread, it was in the komplete kontrol category

• Holy Rockstar
    Holy Rockstar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

are you saying maschine isnt designed to be a real daw?