Modifier State

Options
Frequencid
Frequencid Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello everyone, I am French and my English is bad so I will translate

​My question is that I don't understand why it is necessary to create two "Modifier" (M0/M1) in the mapping of a "Modifier" (via Native instruments sources)

Why create the famous second “Modify” with a value of 0? I don't see the use.. the "Modify" stats table automatically returns to 0 when I don't activate my "Modify M1" so why would I need to create a second "Modify" duplicate in 0 values like l does Native Instruments say?

In my configuration I have a single "Modifier" edited as a value "M1" and therefore no second "Modifier" as a value "M0", so I simply mapped the "Play" button to "M0" and the same button on "Sync" in "M1" and it works very well but I'm still intrigued

Thank you for your help.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is required for the 'toggle' type of button action. Because the interaction modes available are "hold' and "direct" only. (not counting "inc/dec" and "reset").

So one press sets value to 1 and second press puts the value back to zero.

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is required for the 'toggle' type of button action. Because the interaction modes available are "hold' and "direct" only. (not counting "inc/dec" and "reset").

So one press sets value to 1 and second press puts the value back to zero.

• Frequencid
    Frequencid Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Stevan,

Thank you again for your response, I finally understand !