S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Options

Comments

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 114 Helper
    Options

That worked great, thank you very much😃

I'll do two more things and upload the files when I'm done😋

I think I can do this alone😜

• pixel
    edited March 3
    Options

if you have time.🙃 Look at my touch switch (LED PhaseMeter)😋

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,818 mod
    Options

Nice. It's fun to play around with this stuff. :P

• pixel
    edited March 5
    Options

I found another bug, I'm looking all the time🙃

• pixel
    edited March 5
    Options

I fixed the bug, my mistake😝

• GoblinModeVR
    GoblinModeVR Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Discovered some issues with this mod and the S4 MK3

The mix (cue - master) knob for headphone output breaks when this mod is installed. I cannot hear my cues or the track preview when I turn the knob all the way to the cue side, only when it's in the middle. This is an issue because I can also hear my master output when I do that, meaning there's no clean cue audio.

If I toggle the preview using the preview button on the left side of my controller, use the encoder knob to scroll through it, and then end the preview using the preview button on the right side, the encoder knob can no longer be used on the left side until I use the preview button on the left side again.

Also, a feature request: Can you add a panel in the settings menu to selectively enable/disable features so, for example, someone can just use the preview toggle and not the other features?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited March 5
    Options

@GoblinModeVR :

The mix (cue - master) knob for headphone output breaks when this mod is installed. I cannot hear my cues or the track preview when I turn the knob all the way to the cue side, only when it's in the middle. This is an issue because I can also hear my master output when I do that, meaning there's no clean cue audio.

On it. Already know what the problem is, although i wonder how this slipped under NI's radar when they just 'fixed' the volume faders for external mixing mode. (info: i added code to have the mix knob control the mix volume for use with a different audio interface. Mix volume is deactivated when using the S4 interface so the code shouldn't do anything. Thanks for proving me wrong)

If I toggle the preview using the preview button on the left side of my controller, use the encoder knob to scroll through it, and then end the preview using the preview button on the right side, the encoder knob can no longer be used on the left side until I use the preview button on the left side again.

The encoder block i put in is local (per deck), but it will be easy to let the unload trigger a global unblock. Thanks for finding out.

Also, a feature request: Can you add a panel in the settings menu to selectively enable/disable features so, for example, someone can just use the preview toggle and not the other features?

No. I can't change the software GUI. I can use the settings/values shown on the S4 page, even for things they are not meant to influence, but that's it. I won't add a settings page for the S4 screens (too much work), but i can make a Toggle-Preview-only mini-mod if you really need it.

Thanks again for testing. Lots of people have a better chance of stumbling over bugs. ️‍🦋

And thanks to everyone supporting me. ❤️‍

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Quickfix:

• Mix Knob repaired
    • Browse Encoder preview unload restores browsing playlist on all decks.

Also:

• Screen-on/off toggle to reduce gfx workload for use with a pair of D2's. (SHIFT+AnyDeckButton)

Updated work in progress:

• Adjusting LoopIn-/LoopOut points with the jog wheels (current work focus).
    • Setting manual LoopIn-/LoopOut points.
    • Display LoopIn-/LoopOut points on the stripe, green colouring of the looping part of the waveform when the loop is active.
    • Browser scrolling with jog wheel.
    • FX presets/selection

🦋

• GoblinModeVR
    GoblinModeVR Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thank you! I'll test this out when I wake up later.

This crash may be unrelated (idk how to read these), but it happened with the 04 version of the mod installed, so I figured I'd put it here just in case it's an issue with the mod! It happened when I attempted to exit Traktor, so it's not a huge deal, but I did lose a bit of library changes

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Oh, i didn't know you had a crash. Are you on mac OS by any chance?

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 69 Member
    Options

btw on loosing your headphones sound, i just tried using my headphones and it crashes only if you turn the mix nob to the right. if you happen to loose your sound while its being fixed leave the mix nob to the left and restart you S4. it will go back to normal. i dont use the mix nob so i can wait for the fix.

• pixel
    Options

The following mods are integrated for the Traktor Kontrol S3.😋

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • Jogwheel Browsing
    • VinylBreak
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop)

Please create a backup of the original files

• pixel