S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

thanks!! 4 that

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,542 mod

Next update will provide full gridding control to take advantage of the new flexigrids. :)

• Maximevienne
    Maximevienne Member Posts: 3 Member

The MOD run with TP4?

• Sûlherokhh

Update TP4_V3 WiP:

New Remix Deck features:

• Mute (Hold) + Pads 5-8: FX Send toggle (finally)

New Track/Stem Deck beatgrid features:

• Grid (Hold) + Master: BPM /2
    • Grid (Hold) + Sync: BPM x2
    • Grid (Hold) + Move (Push): Delete current gridmarker
    • Grid (Hold) + Loop (Push): Set gridmarker at current position
    • Grid (Hold) + Move (Turn): Nothing (Go to previous/next gridmarker, via mapping file [see below])
    • Grid (Hold) + Loop (Turn): Adjustment of current gridmarker's BPM (very fine)
    • Grid (Hold) + Jogwheel (Touch Platter) + Jogwheel (Turn): Adjust postition of current gridmarker
    • Grid (Hold) + Jogwheel (Turn): Adjustment of current gridmarker's BPM (coarse)

Use the following TSI of the overmapped S4MK3 default mapping to be able to go to previous/next gridmarker. NI forgot the qml command for this. Modifier skeleton included. Remove other S4MK3 tsi files.

If you don't find any bugs, this will be the up on page 1.

Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

🦋

• djvic91

what do youmean when you say

Remove other S4MK3 tsi files.

• Sûlherokhh

I mean you can only use one at a time. If you already have another overmapped file, you have to add the assignments in one of the mappings to the other one and remove the former.

• Sûlherokhh

@djvic91, @pARty_bOy, @Sami de Sousa & everyone else:

Do you have any use of the new grid functions? Are they good enough for you? Are you missing something here?

Help me make this perfect… :)

• djvic91

super busy this week but will try testing it today or tomorrow

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 139 Pro

Im away from my Traktor4 MBP, and I just use the BPMx2 and /2, and many of my tracks are off, but I mix by ear, dont care for BPMs on-screen, just pitch up/down a bit, even if I use a loop and the grid is off, I just move the loop out. 😁

• Sûlherokhh

Updated page 1 with latest TP4.0.2 release for flexible beatgrid prep work and stem load as well as FX Insert and reset controls.

Read notes for all details. Enjoy. 🦋

• Sami de Sousa
    Sami de Sousa Member Posts: 20 Helper
    edited August 17

@Sûlherokhh While Shift + Browse encoder jumps through folders in the tree, is there a way to browse the playlist in bigger increments with the browse encoder (or jog wheels)? I'm using Traktor 4.02 and Kontrol S4 MK3.

• Sûlherokhh

Good idea. The View(HOLD) button works just like SHIFT for the browser section at the moment. I shall make it into a line-jump multiplier. 🙃

• Sami de Sousa
    Sami de Sousa Member Posts: 20 Helper

@Sûlherokhh Sweet, that would be a great addition! 🙂 By the way, the Preparation List button doesn't seem to do anything at the moment.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 18

The ❄-Button must be held down, then turn the encoder to cycle through the favourites

The PrepList Button only adds or subtracts a track (to the prep list) if you actually have a playlist that is designated as Preparation List, otherwise it does nothing.

Update:

• View (HOLD) + Browse Encoder (TURN): jump through playlist in steps of 10 lines.
    • If you hold down the GRID button to access the grid functions, the Jogwheel LED turns RED and stops turning, unless TT mode or browse Mode is active, to indicate that using the Jogwheel will adjust the beatgrid.
    • Minor bugfix to make sure GRID mode only works on unlocked track/stem decks.
    • Grid Button Tap BPM: Grid Button LED will light up bright for 1.5 seconds to reflect the GUI light of the TAP function of Traktor.

Test away.

Edit: Don't forget to also have this tsi, if you didn't already load it up, so that Grid(HOLD) + MoveEncoder(TURN) lets you jump between gridmarkers.

As always, feedback is appreciated. 🦋