a offer that can not be refused(maybe)

william olson
william olson Member Posts: 41 Member
edited 10:52AM in Komplete General

Just got a e-mail offer from NI to buy Komlete for only $599.I just bought Kontakt7 for $299.So i have a question for the forum.I would ask NI them selves ,but it might take to long.Will they give me my $299 back seeing that Komplete contains K7 or sell me Komplete for $299(i think i got my math correct).I think i am becoming a plug in junkie)

Best Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert
    edited February 16 Answer ✓

Two ways to look at this:

1. You will not get any money back just because you bought Kontakt 7 recently. They will happily take another $599.00 whether you own Kontakt 7 or not.
    2. You can forget that Kontakt is part of the package and decide all the other bits and pieces included in this Komplete offer (you did not say which version is $599) are actually worth it to you.

But the bottom line is no exchanges, refunds or price alterations for anything you bought previously.

VP

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod

Nope! :-)

The only reason that you actually got this offer, is most probably because you bought Kontakt or as a result of what other products you own.

As you can see, Komplete series are quiet expensive so, either way it's a win-win case for you.

Note: the "Upgrade" prices you see, are for me only, also based on what other products i own. It is, more or less, different for everyone.

I would never get them though, in spite it is a very good offer, simply because i do not care at all about endless Gigabyte libraries of pianos etc. I use 90% synths in my music and only 10% sample-based instruments.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    Answer ✓

While it is correct that there are no returns on software at least not when started using it like redeem key and there is usually no bending the rules then all decisions are made by customer service and not by the forum and if you just bought Kontakt 7 and feel that you have made an honest mistake by not buying Komplete Standard at 599,00 € then there is no harm in politely asking customer service if they see fit to let you correct that mistake by getting the Komplete Standard at the product price difference cost. Just remember that the decision of customer service is final and you can not blame N.I. or customer service if they do not see fit to help.

Otherwise you can wait for one of the sales where there is usually nice savings. You can always check the present upgrade/update prices at the My Komplete offers page when logged in. To see all bundle prices and the difference in price between the updates from an older version of same product tier and the upgrade from a lower tier version of a product then please visit the bundle compare page !

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 2,078 Expert

Two ways to look at this:

1. You will not get any money back just because you bought Kontakt 7 recently. They will happily take another $599.00 whether you own Kontakt 7 or not.
    2. You can forget that Kontakt is part of the package and decide all the other bits and pieces included in this Komplete offer (you did not say which version is $599) are actually worth it to you.

But the bottom line is no exchanges, refunds or price alterations for anything you bought previously.

VP

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod

Nope! :-)

The only reason that you actually got this offer, is most probably because you bought Kontakt or as a result of what other products you own.

As you can see, Komplete series are quiet expensive so, either way it's a win-win case for you.

Note: the "Upgrade" prices you see, are for me only, also based on what other products i own. It is, more or less, different for everyone.

I would never get them though, in spite it is a very good offer, simply because i do not care at all about endless Gigabyte libraries of pianos etc. I use 90% synths in my music and only 10% sample-based instruments.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

I am going through much the same decision struggles as the OP.

The advice given above is 100% on point. You have to decide if "the other stuff" that comes with the Komplete bundle is worth the price of the Bundle, especially given that you already have what is arguably the biggest part of the bundle: Kontakt 7.

But you might not have all the libraries that come with Komplete 14. Your purchase of Kontakt might have included fewer than HALF of all the libraries that would come with Komplete, especially with Komplete Ultimate.

So you have to decide.

Personally, I think the bundle has more than we'll ever use. And yet I spent over $1200 MORE adding to my musical options just this week.

If you have the money, it's a good problem to have!

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    Answer ✓

While it is correct that there are no returns on software at least not when started using it like redeem key and there is usually no bending the rules then all decisions are made by customer service and not by the forum and if you just bought Kontakt 7 and feel that you have made an honest mistake by not buying Komplete Standard at 599,00 € then there is no harm in politely asking customer service if they see fit to let you correct that mistake by getting the Komplete Standard at the product price difference cost. Just remember that the decision of customer service is final and you can not blame N.I. or customer service if they do not see fit to help.

Otherwise you can wait for one of the sales where there is usually nice savings. You can always check the present upgrade/update prices at the My Komplete offers page when logged in. To see all bundle prices and the difference in price between the updates from an older version of same product tier and the upgrade from a lower tier version of a product then please visit the bundle compare page !

• william olson
    william olson Member Posts: 41 Member

I got some great info thanks every one.NI greatest asset is this forum

This discussion has been closed.