Traktor Pro on a tablet PC

Options
DjRuud
DjRuud Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi everyone, this question has probably been asked before, so my apologies for that...

I've been running for years with different os systems and traktor pro 3 and timecode...

Would it be possible and if so, what do you recommend or which to run Pro3 on a tablet PC....

DjRuud

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,367 Expert
    Options

If the Tabled runs a supported OS and CPU architecture.. sure. It's just a normal PC with a touchscreen.

For example the Surface Pro 8 uses an normal Intel CPU with Windows on it. But the Surface Pro X uses an ARM cpu, and I doubt traktor runs on that.

• DjRuud
    Options

Thanks!!!!!

• DjRuud
    Options

Lord-carlos....

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (2015) | i5-6300U | 12.3"

256 gb space and 8 gb ram...

Would that be a right choise?

Ruud.

i`m sorry, but with computers i`m a newbe.......

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,367 Expert
    Options

I don't know much about the surface laptop. Sorry

I personally would not buy a Computer with only 8GB of ram nowdays.

Disk size is up to you. How large is your track collection? If that fits and you don't need space for other stuff like movies or photos it might be anough.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

I’m curious if it would run at less than 12ms total latency on something like that or not. They sell used for a couple hundred.

• DjRuud
    Options

I think i'm going to try-out......

I let you know!!!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

Not sure about MS Surface Pro 4 (i5).... I would not expect wonders.....

But MS Surface Pro 7 (i5) works fine. Not sure about latency, but it IMHO mostly depends on audio interface and its driver, not so much on the computer used....

I have bought Surface Pro 7 for about 500 EUR including keyboard and pen. One may get it for less than 400 EUR without pen and keyboard. I would recomend to buy at least the pen.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Scratching, juggling, toneplay, etcetera. The human body has a 30-50ms delay for touch already, so anything to decrease that makes playing feel more natural. That’s not taking muscle movements, memory, and reaction time into account.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

@myalteredsoul

I’m curious if it would run at less than 12ms total latency on something like that or not.

IMHO, it also heavily depends on what audio interface you would use....

MS Surface Pro 7 (i5) with internal audio interface, 48k and buffer 256 has in Traktor 3 overall latency 10.6 ms (5.3 + 5.3).