Komplete 14 due out... this summer...?

Comments

• tonyalexa
    tonyalexa Member Posts: 12 Member

It would be nice if they release a 14, but that would probably be detrimental to any plan to go with a full blown subscription model, an expanded version of Komplete NOW. That's the direction a lot of companies are going and if they're letting us buy a Komplete 14, who is going to go with a subscription? I may be wrong, but I'm thinking there isn't going to be a 14 even though they're running a sale on 13.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Subscription model is great for newcomers to NI. Best way to grow user base at this point.

Primarily only current owners will be considering to purchase K14, and the only as a upgrade price.

Newcomers paying big ticket full K14.... those days are basically over.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

NI has made it pretty clear in the past that a subscription only model won't happen anytime soon for Komplete. Also, NOW - as a separate product - is meant for a specific target audience: people who want to begin somewhere, but don't want to drop a lot of cash on e.g. Komplete 13.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

K14 comming in 5-10 weeks (end of September - end of October). Is my bet. Maybe even few weeks sooner....

• MATAKAO
    MATAKAO Member Posts: 19 Member

There are some leaks and deutsch blablas news about a Kontakt 7 (hidpi browser, my god after all these years!):

https://www.gearnews.de/native-instruments-komplete-14/

so komplete 14 is in the pipes ? Soon ? that's the question...

• Soundof
    Soundof Member Posts: 11 Member

Most likely an early October release based on previous releases, very hopeful Izotope plugins will be part of the Komplete package now.

• Kubrak

Mainly, VST3 for all users and AS native support for Mac users....

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor

Guess something should pop up soon/immediately after the ongoing Komplete 13 sale ends.

Let's hope for a September announcement and an October release. Can't wait!

• Kubrak

My guess is, it should be 3 to 8 weeks till K14 release (That is period in which AS native support and VST3 should come.). Probably at least month after the end of K13 sale....

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor

The K13 sales ends tomorrow, so hoping for some information on K14 after that. 😀

• Kubrak

My bet is 6 weeks +-2 weeks.

• MATAKAO
    MATAKAO Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2022

Kontakt 7 is the Real New big update.. disappointing

• vrisono
    vrisono Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

From here https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Komp14C--native-instruments-komplete-14-ultimate-collectors-edition-software-production-suite

There is new kontakt library it seems: Omnia.

Alongside the returning classics, this incarnation of Komplete’s Ultimate Collector’s Edition boasts some serious firepower. Kontakt 7 is the latest version of the award-winning sample engine, fully loaded to handle Komplete 14’s extensive sonic pantheon. Vocal instrumentations come in two distinct varieties. Omnia introduces a robust array of symphonic choirs, ranging from the sublime to the cinematic. Lores, on the other hand, is engineered to weave a story worthy of its mythical connotation, with woodwinds, chordophones, engrossing vocals, and a bevy of dynamic control..

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor

Komplete 14 nice, but they removed Absynth 5.

Makes it a bit inkomplete 😁

This discussion has been closed.