Traktor Pro 3 cruise mode automatically started 2nd track

Options
kar95001
kar95001 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

I have Traktor Pro 3 and the Kontrol Z1 setup to DJ at my west coast swing dances.

Twice I've had the strange occurrence where I had tracks loaded in both deck A and deck B. I start playing deck A, then hit the cruise/autoplay button and deck B started playing automatically! I'm pretty sure this is how I normally set up cruise, but this was totally unexpected behavior. Is this how it normally behaves? Did I set up the cruise mode improperly?

I had no idea how to get this strange behavior to stop happening. I tried multiple times in between each song finishing to stop and restart the cruise mode, but it kept doing the same thing. I was stuck loading each track every 3.5 minutes for my whole 3 hr set. Ugh.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And if this happens again, how do I get out of it?

Thanks,

Kerry

Tagged:

Best Answer

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 298 Pro
    edited February 4 Answer ✓
    Options

What did you expect?

CruiseMode is for playing Deck A and B automatically.

If you want Traktor to only load the next song (without playing automatically) then there is a setting in preferences for auto loading next track.

If your problem is that Deck A was interrupted by Deck B (as soon as you click cruise mode) then the cause might be that DeckA was playing within autocrossfader time or the fader for DeckB was not closed or was moved.

Answers

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 298 Pro
    edited February 4 Answer ✓
    Options

What did you expect?

CruiseMode is for playing Deck A and B automatically.

If you want Traktor to only load the next song (without playing automatically) then there is a setting in preferences for auto loading next track.

If your problem is that Deck A was interrupted by Deck B (as soon as you click cruise mode) then the cause might be that DeckA was playing within autocrossfader time or the fader for DeckB was not closed or was moved.

• kar95001
    kar95001 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

c0nsul,

Thanks for responding to my question.

Yes, that is pretty much the problem. However, to clarify what happened is that that Deck A continued playing and Deck B started playing over top of Deck A as soon as I click cruised mode. It was not that Deck B interrupted and stopped Deck A. I had two disparate songs playing at the same time which was very confusing for the swing dancers.

My autocrossfader time is set to 2 sec, so I think unlikely that I managed to click the start button within this time window the multiple times this strange behavior occurred.

I think you are probably right about the fader for DeckB was not closed or was moved. I think this is much more likely what cause the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Kerry