Maschine 2.15 is out!

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 340 Pro

nightjar

Perhaps because they are on the verge of another "Kore" event? Some tap-dancing happening on this stage while the real show is being prepped elsewhere.

Best way to mitigate the damage is to somehow preserve some usability of current hardware within the next generation of NI ecosystem.

Although that was before 'my time', didn't that go down the tubes as a triumph of ambition over feasible reality?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited April 2022

NVM user error

• Dstep ATL
    Dstep ATL Member Posts: 95 Helper

Kore 2 was likely the best product NI ever released. It was a tragedy what happened there.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

I see this as the same situation... feasibility equation has changed over past few years. Not inherent in the hardware per se, but abstract forces of evolving tech and what's possible with a different approach... one that competitors will capitalize on and put NI in a losing position.

• tom80
    tom80 Member Posts: 21 Member

Well according to the edited first post here, we are now looking at sometime in Q2 for Maschine+, which goes until the end of June. Quite a stretch from the original mid March release that was expected. It's been pretty much radio silence on anything else from NI in recent weeks.

• Dstep ATL
    Dstep ATL Member Posts: 95 Helper

It was said it would be released in a few weeks after the Q2 announcement.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sedat Senguel
    Sedat Senguel Member Posts: 19 Member

I understand all the frustration and stuff (sometimes I'm disappointed too) and really want that the NI stars will still shine in the future as I have multiple NI devices and software and really like the ecosystem. I really hope that the Soundwide conglomerate will bring more financial liquidity / developer capacity etc. for pushing the Maschine software and hardware to a new level. Would love to see Maschine 3 software this year. Also would love to see more features on the M+.... but what I got to say...I got back to Maschine and M+ this last weekend and tried the autosample feature in 2.15 Maschine software ...and man...this alone made me believe more in my M+ journey. It really sparked the joy again using my lovely M+ again with some sounds and instruments I autosampled on my laptop which I hoped NI would bring to the M+ (like Hybrid Keys, Cloud Supply, Yangqin). Now I pretty much am happy with the status quo because stability was fairly good on my M+ since the last update a few months ago (fingers crossed).

Is there still room to get better for NI...absolutely....can I work with the hardware/software as it is right now...well, yes...would I love to see NI put some pitch detection, automation edit feature and GUI overhaul etc on the M+....hell yes! But until then I try to stay focused on "playing" more with the M+ again and hope for the Summer of Sound bringing us Maschine 3 and a new Komplete Kontrol MK3 lineup (yes I try to positively manifest this...at least I can dream of it ;-)

Happy producing y'all!

• tempsperdu
    edited April 2022

Sedat Senguel

Would love to see Maschine 3 software this year.

People have been saying this for years yet what does it exactly mean?

Different things to different people I imagine, but a nebulous fantasy where many of the shortcomings people find with Maschine at the moment are addressed.

I seriously doubt this will (ever?) be the case because it has 'fallen' behind in so many areas. The lack of VST3 support by now pretty much beggars belief given nearly all new plugins are only released in that format

Ebitable and usable automation has been requested for years and for some should have been a major priority because it affects practically everything. Looks to be years off.

Flexible GUI. Unlikely, whilst Maschine is usable as is, the late 90's retro vibe does offer considerable room for improvement. Clunkiness isn't the best approach perhaps and given that usability, readability and ease of use have nosedived over the last eighteen months, things aren't looking overwhelmingly optimistic on that one.

And of course there's still, as mentioned, MPE, after touch, internal midi support, ability to set own chords, time signature changes (I doubt that is in any way possible) not to mention any unthought of actual innovative features to blow our tender little socks off!

And all this before lunch and preventing WW3........ P-hew!!! Busy Busy Busy..........😃

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    edited April 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Way~D
    Way~D Member Posts: 22 Member
  • Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hey all, just a reminder that this post is about the Maschine 2.15 update:

Feel free to share your comments below but PLEASE keep in mind that if you have a specific issue or want to share what should be next on Maschine, a new thread is more fitting.

Please stay on the topic and let's not turn this thread into business speculations.

• Sedat Senguel
    Sedat Senguel Member Posts: 19 Member

Sorry. Drifted a little bit off ;-)

Let's get back to Maschine 2.15. I have an issue that every time I open an instance of Kontakt, Maschine is crashing on me. If I add it as an AU it is not crashing instantly. It is crashing when I double click to open the GUI. If I load a Kontakt VST3 it crashes instantly. I'm on a M1 Macbook Air with Maschine in Rosetta 2 Mode. Does anybody else have this issue? Maybe I missed it in the convo here. ;-)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited April 2022

Any news on the hotfix? Or the M+ version of this update?

FWIW - I don't think it's healthy for anyone at this point to compare Maschine to a full fledged DAW. Maschine is not a DAW. It will never be even close to the utter nextlevelness such as something like Bitwig 4. It's a beatmaking app/system, when you treat it as one you'll sleep better at night.

• tempsperdu

tetsuneko

FWIW - I don't think it's healthy for anyone at this point to compare Maschine to a full fledged DAW. Maschine is not a DAW. It will never be even close to the utter nextlevelness such as something like Bitwig 4. It's a beatmaking app/system, when you treat it as one you'll sleep better at night.

I don't think anyone is. There have been repeated calls for people to be able to use Maschine to produce tracks from beginning to end, and the introduction of clips may be seen perhaps as hoping to make that more feasible.

Arguably, you have pretty much always been able to produce tracks completely within Maschine, but sometimes its limitations make that possibly not the easiest of solutions.

The things many people have been calling for here and elsewhere for the last eternity are not necessarily DAW type features, but more flexible and usable features that Maschine has the appearance of already having, or that people feel that as a groove box it should have.

This discussion has been closed.