Need help! Kontakt is not installing

ZedwardHD
ZedwardHD Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Native Access

I bought Kontakt today. I try to install it via Native Access and it says "installation complete". Then I try to scan for it inside my DAW but I can't find it. I close Native Access and re-open it again to find out that Kontakt is all of the sudden uninstalled. I've done the same thing 4 times now (installing kontakt, not finding the plugin, restarting Natie Acess to find out it's been uninstalled) and also reset my computer. Nothing has changed though :( What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

did you try running Native Access as an Administrator? (right click "Run as Administrator) I see you are running Windows, but what version? check the install location for 64bit plugins in Native access preferences, then use Explorer to see if the Kontakt.dll file is there. You will also need to make sure your DAW is scanning that location. You can also check C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 for the Kontakt.VST3 file...make sure your DAW is scanning there as well...

• ZedwardHD
    edited April 2022

Thank you for the reply! Yes I've ran Native Access as an administrator aswell, it's not helping though. I have Windows 8 on my computer. I've checked the install locatin (C:/ProgramFiles/NativeInstruments) but there is no sight of kontakt inside that folder. Basically it's not installing at all. Whenever I reload Native Access I see Kontakt is uninstalled again.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited April 2022

Pretty sure the problem is Windows 8. the current version of Kontakt Requires Win 10 or 11 as stated in the specifications...

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Intel Macs (i5 or higher): macOS 10.14, 10.15, 11 or 12 (latest update)

Apple Silicon Macs (via Rosetta 2 & natively on ARM in Standalone or in hosts that support it): macOS 11 or 12 (latest update)

Windows 10 or 11 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM

Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher

Others have had similar issues with other products on Win 8 as well...

• ZedwardHD
    edited April 2022

Yeah that seems to be the case... RAM and Processor is no problem though. Thank you for the help :) God bless!

• ZedwardHD

Wow this is a real bummer... Ive spent 8 hours trying to install Windows 10 and it keeps on failing... Wish theyd just support Windows 8...

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Not even Microsoft supports W8 anymore...

• ZedwardHD

You're right... should've upgraded years ago. Oh well, it sorted itself out luckily :D

• JerryDaLerry
    JerryDaLerry Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Straight forward: I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry, If you don't understand some points!

Pretty sure, that this is not the main problem.

My system runs on Win10

I have like the highest high end parts on my PC and I still run into the same issue as our friend here. Kontakt 7 installs, then it says the installation is complete. Guess what, it is nowhere and the "Install" button is still there.

These are the things I tried:

• Run as an administrator
    • Trying to change the harddrive for downloads (ends up in an undefined error)
    • Trying to just change the download folder on the same harddrive
    • Installing other products, which force me to install Kontakt
    • Restarted PC
    • Trying Kontakt 6 just to make sure (same result)

There is literally not a single solution, I could think of.

If it WAS the Windows problem, I'm still wondering, why it doesn't work out for me.

IF I find a solution, I will let you know. But until then, please help! :)